Best Book On Qabalah

Esoteric - Hermetic - Alchemy

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Best Book On Qabalah

Postby aprado » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:46 pm

Hello Brethren,

Which is a good, complete book on the Hermetic Qabalah? i currently have 'John Bonners - Qabalah Primer' & 'Gareth Knights Practical Guide To Qabalistic Symbolism'. Are these a good place to start?
I have desired to do good
But i have not desired to make noise
Because i have felt that noise did no good
And that good made no noise.
-LCDSM
aprado
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Re: Best Book On Qabalah

Postby Stevecoath » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:32 pm

Are you aware the Supreme Magus put together a course on this.
Ask if your college if you can get a copy of the book.
PM, Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ, Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
WM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; WCN, Gladsmuir RAM 367; EP, Preceptory of Jacques de Molay 670; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440; John Mortimer Council R&SM 247; Edgecumbe Council AMD 35(TI); Hertfordshire KTP 29; VII°, Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Stevecoath
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby aprado » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:00 pm

i didnt know, i'll contact the secretary asap! thank you.
I have desired to do good
But i have not desired to make noise
Because i have felt that noise did no good
And that good made no noise.
-LCDSM
aprado
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby russellholland » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Dion Fortune wrote the well respected The Mystical Qabalah. Here it is

http://www.abuddhistlibrary.com/Buddhis ... abalah.pdf

I might say however that all such technical systems are embedded in a greater energy field, stream or being. Thus the techniques are powerful but the practitioner is also entering into the current or entity. The entity holds its own agenda.

In the case of the Kabbalah/Qabalah the entity, to my perspective, represents the planetary past more than the future. Similarly for the energy field in which the Tai Chi exists, although that is another entity.

Both of those entities have historical rather than current relationships with the stream in which Freemasonry exists.

As a practical comment on the Qabalah, the greatest technical difficulty, in my perspective, is how to test whether you are connecting to the target sephira. The traditional test in the public domain is based on image recognition, and images seem to me to be rather too cultural to be accurately transferable between practitioners.

What is required is a navigation system that is hard-wired into the human energy system. That exists but is not in the public domain in a form that is suitable for spiritual science (supporting reproducible and peer-observable experiments)

Also the system of Trees within Sephiroth, although valid, in my view does not support the transparent and detailed differentiation necessary for much of the close technical work.
russellholland

Postby gord_vokes » Fri May 27, 2016 1:08 am

russellholland wrote:

As a practical comment on the Qabalah, the greatest technical difficulty, in my perspective, is how to test whether you are connecting to the target sephira. The traditional test in the public domain is based on image recognition, and images seem to me to be rather too cultural to be accurately transferable between practitioners.

What is required is a navigation system that is hard-wired into the human energy system. That exists but is not in the public domain in a form that is suitable for spiritual science (supporting reproducible and peer-observable experiments)

Also the system of Trees within Sephiroth, although valid, in my view does not support the transparent and detailed differentiation necessary for much of the close technical work.

Greetings,

May I suggest "Meditation and Kabbalah" by Aryeh Kaplan.

The section on "Colors" on page 179 is a good start.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=29elBY ... -7&f=false
Gord Vokes PDDGM
Lodge Southern Cross, No. 44
Grand Lodge of British Columbia & Yukon
gord_vokes

Return to Esoteric Books