UK Lodges meeting dates

Place to publish your meeting dates etc. or just Meet ups.

Moderators: Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, middlepillar

UK Lodges meeting dates

Postby Corrodz » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Greetings Brethren,

I am planning on visiting the UK from 26th December until about the 2nd January and checking whether there are any lodges meeting over this period. I am guessing not but worth a try. I visited a few years ago with 1 of my Brother Brothers and will be coming with my other Brother Brother who has never visited overseas Lodges before.
Corrodz
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: UK Lodges meeting dates

Postby Peter Taylor » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Who are you? Where exactly will you be?
Regards, Peter
Provincial Grand Master of Forfarshire, PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789, Honorary, 49, 54, 99, 164, 225, 299, 317, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, Proxy Master 1371 SC, Zambia: Associate 198, Colorado: PZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RW Mark Master: RAM, CC: AASR 31°, PMWS, PGC: SRIS 9°: ROoS: OSM: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Richard George » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Corrodz wrote:Greetings Brethren,

I am planning on visiting the UK from 26th December until about the 2nd January and checking whether there are any lodges meeting over this period. I am guessing not but worth a try. I visited a few years ago with 1 of my Brother Brothers and will be coming with my other Brother Brother who has never visited overseas Lodges before.

Er what? It's the 9th Feb?! - and this was apparently posted at 12.30 today? Or is this a question for 11 months hence?
Richard George
Craft: Granta 6179, Porta 9511, CIML 7429
RAC: Fidelity 441, Walden 1280, CIP 7429
Mark: York 334
KT: Arthur Dentith 434
A&AR: Octagon 1076, Iceni 1126, Cambs& Isle of Ely 1157
KTP: Clare 74
ROS: East Anglia
Richard George
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby eckywan2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Sir please tell us who you are and where you may be visiting as there is nothing in your profile.
Best wishes
eckywan2

Postby Corrodz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:28 am

Peter Taylor wrote:Who are you? Where exactly will you be?

Peter,
I was planning on sending you a message on Facebook....you took us to a few Lodges in Dundee a few years back. My name is Corey and I am from Australia. To be honest we can be flexible with our dates to try and fit in a meeting as my Brother has never been to a meeting outside of Australia and would be great if he gets to fit it in. He wants to go and visit Lodge Kilwinning although I checked and there is no meeting at that time but hopefully we can go and visit the Museum and Lodge Room which I have done previously. We are both Past Masters as well so any degree would be great to see.

Thanks
Corey
Corrodz
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby Corrodz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:29 am

Richard George wrote:
Corrodz wrote:Greetings Brethren,

Er what? It's the 9th Feb?! - and this was apparently posted at 12.30 today? Or is this a question for 11 months hence?

Yeah for 11 months.......just trying to plan my trip now thats all
Corrodz
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby Richard George » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:59 am

Ah! That wasn't clear. As Peter asked; where in the UK will you be as there's not likely to be much on between Christmas and the New Year.

Cambridgeshire (in Cambridge itself) will have an installation probably 2nd or 3rd January (tbc) - its meant to be on the 1st (Monday; New Year's Day); it will be moved but I don't know to what date yet.. March/April time will answer that question when I contact the secretary to find out (for the Provincial Year Book). If you're interested, I'll make early enquiries for you.

There is a chapter meeting on 2nd (March - the town) and a lodge meeting on the 3rd (Wisbech). Both Cambridgeshire; Google maps will show you the town locations.
Richard George
Richard George

Postby Corrodz » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:25 am

Richard George wrote:Ah! That wasn't clear. As Peter asked; where in the UK will you be as there's not likely to be much on between Christmas and the New Year.

Cambridgeshire (in Cambridge itself) will have an installation probably 2nd or 3rd January (tbc) - its meant to be on the 1st (Monday; New Year's Day); it will be moved but I don't know to what date yet.. March/April time will answer that question when I contact the secretary to find out (for the Provincial Year Book). If you're interested, I'll make early enquiries for you.

There is a chapter meeting on 2nd (March - the town) and a lodge meeting on the 3rd (Wisbech). Both Cambridgeshire; Google maps will show you the town locations.

Thanks Mate.........sorry I am not clear about where we will be.........I have no concrete plans yet as to where we will go but attending a Lodge meeting is on the top of the list. So after we find out what is on we can then work out where we can travel to whilst fitting in everything else we want to do.

Cambridgeshire is definitely within reach so yeah if you find the date please let me know
Corrodz
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby eric384 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:59 am

My Lodge in Dunbartonshire will have a meeting on Thursday 28 December. Way too early to say what will be on, but due to me being in Yorkshire, I probably won't be there, but you would receive a warm welcome.
Eric Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth
eric384

Postby eckywan2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:12 pm

We have this thing called Winter Holidays by some but which really is Christmas and New Year
both which will get in your way for meetings
SO I suggest you use the procedure we all should use
Get your lodge secretary to write through channels and Grand secy of GLoS ( or really bro Jas Noble) will tell you whats on where
best chance may be Installations around St Johns day
Fraternally
eckywan2

Postby Richard George » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:04 pm

The installation is on 2nd (confirmed). The lodge is the second oldest in the Province (warrant 1836). It is highly likely that either the ProvGM or the Deputy will be present - possibly both as it's the Deputy's mother lodge.
The ProvSW, JW, DC, SwdB and a number of others are also likely to be present. The Masonic Hall is 10 minutes walk from the railway station and a number of small hotels are 5 minutes walk away.
Richard George
Richard George

Return to Meet and Greet