Waterways 50th Anniversary Meeting

Place to publish your meeting dates etc. or just Meet ups.

Moderators: Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, middlepillar

Postby rogerschwartz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:27 am

I am pleased to be able to provide the following details of our Golden Jubilee Meeting (7) . To mark and celebrate this important milestone, a Banner Dedication will be held on Monday 18 November 2013 at at Southgate Masonic Centre, 88 High Street, Southgate, London, N14 6EB at 5:00pm. The Ceremony will be conducted by the Metropolitan Grand Lodge Team, led by W Bro Philip Summers, PSGD, Metropolitan Grand Inspector, so this will be a meeting not to miss!

The Festive Board, as shown below, replicates, so far as is possible, the 1963 Consecration Banquet, but reflects 21st century healthy eating concerns & offers a vegetarian option:

TOMATO SOUP or
MELON

SOLE VERONIQUE SERVED WITH A SAUCE CONTAINING CREAM & WHITE SEEDLESS GRAPES or
ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE or
VEGETARIAN OPTION
ALL WITH SEASONABLE VEGETABLES

SHERRY TRIFLE or
ICE CREAM or
CHEESE & BISCUITS.

SPECIAL WATERWAYS CAKE

Wines, Port & Coffee

THERE WILL BE A SPECTACULAR RAFFLE IN SUPPORT OF THE METROPOLITAN MASONIC CHARITY APPEAL FOR A REVOLUTIONARY MOBILE CT SCANNER WHICH WILL BE ONE OF ONLY THREE IN THE UK.

Limited places available at £35.00 per person, including illustrated history, dinner, wine and port. Non-Dining Price: £15.00 per person, including history. Please PM me with your email address so that I may send you an Booking Form.
S & F from W Bro Roger Schwartz, LLB(Hons), LGR, PPJGD (Herts). P.M. & Treasurer of Waterways (7913) & Herts Imperial Yeomanry (3192)
There are no strangers in Freemasonry; just brothers we have not met yet.
rogerschwartz
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Re: Waterways 50th Anniversary Meeting

Postby rogerschwartz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:14 pm

A reminder, Brethren, that Waterways Golden Jubilee Meeting which is being celebrated with a Banner Dedication on Monday 18 November 2013 at Southgate Masonic Centre, 88 High Street, Southgate, London, N14 6EB at 4:30pm. The Ceremony will be conducted by the Metropolitan Grand Lodge Team, led by W Bro Philip Summers, PSGD, Metropolitan Grand Inspector, so this will be a meeting not to miss!
The Festive Board is shown below. Limited places available at £35.00 per person, including illustrated history, dinner, wine and port. Non-Dining Price: £15.00 per person, including history. Please PM me with your email address so that I may send you a Booking Form.
50 YEAR FESTIVE BOARD
TOMATO SOUP or
MELON
SOLE VERONIQUE SERVED WITH A SAUCE CONTAINING CREAM & WHITE SEEDLESS GRAPES or
ROAST LEG OF LAMB WITH MINT SAUCE or
VEGETARIAN OPTION
SEASONABLE VEGETABLES
SHERRY TRIFLE or
ICE CREAM or
CHEESE & BISCUITS.
SPECIAL WATERWAYS CAKE
Wines, Port & Coffee
THERE WILL BE A SPECTACULAR RAFFLE IN SUPPORT OF THE METROPOLITAN MASONIC CHARITY APPEAL FOR A REVOLUTIONARY MOBILE CT SCANNER WHICH WILL BE ONE OF ONLY THREE IN THE UK. The prizes include an 19” LED HD Ready TV with built-in Freeview to receive all digital TV channels. There is also a built-in DVD player for DVD, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, CD, MP3-CD, JPeg-CD media and a USB port for playback of videos, photos and music from USB drive. It has Nicam Stereo sound and a sleep timer. It is ideal for a bedroom and kitchen and retails for about £200.00. A Waterways member has donated the TV which is a worthy star prize.
S & F from W Bro Roger Schwartz, LLB(Hons), LGR, PPJGD (Herts). P.M. & Treasurer of Waterways (7913) & Herts Imperial Yeomanry (3192)
rogerschwartz
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby rogerschwartz » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:25 pm

rogerschwartz wrote:A reminder, Brethren, that Waterways Golden Jubilee Meeting which is being celebrated with a Banner Dedication on Monday 18 November 2013

Another reminder that Waterways’ Golden Festival is on Monday 18 November. The banner has now arrived. Hurry up if you want to attend as or see the banner. places are going fast. Send me a PM or email me at rogerschwartz@yahoo.com to book places.
rogerschwartz
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby rogerschwartz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Monday 18 November 2013 was a superb day for Waterways. We have been working towards celebrating our 50th birthday by dedicating a banner for a number of years now and this planning, work, stress, effort & expenditure were well rewarded by a magical, inspiring & emotional ceremony.

Without exception, the officers & brethren performed their roles with ability, dignity & love. They were a joy to behold & I for one have never been prouder of my mother lodge and its members. We were in the capable hands of the Met GL team, under the leadership of W Bro Philip Summers, PSGD, Metropolitan Grand Inspector, in carrying out the ritual & at the Festive Board later.

Harmony and fraternity were the keynotes of the entire occasion and the atmosphere was joyful & convivial. Alms of over £210.00 were collected and the marvellous sum of £310.00 was raised by the raffles. We presented W Bro Philip with a cheque for £140.00 in support of his sponsored walk on behalf of the Royal Marsden Hospital and will be making a substantial contribution to the Philippines Disaster Appeals.

The Lodge must at some time look forward to celebrating its centenary. I for one have apologised well in advance for being unlikely to be able to attend!
rogerschwartz
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby Lloyd Wiebe » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Glad to hear that things went well.
Lloyd Wiebe
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby Chial1985 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:18 pm

In it something is. I thank for the information, now I will not commit such error.
Chial1985

Postby MrBenn » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:11 am

But miss it you have...by two years......
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."

mail me : mrbenn@lodgeroomuk.com
MrBenn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Meet and Greet