Toast to the Province

Ideas, Information and debate

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Toast to the Province

Postby pjn2767 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:07 pm

I have been asked to give the toast to the Provincial Team at a forthcoming Installation. Has anyone any tips please as I am struggling !
pjn2767

Re: Toast to the Province

Postby Peter Taylor » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:18 pm

This is what I did for the toast at an installation a whole ago. Its Scottish of course but it might stimulate the thought process.

Toast to GL & PGL – November 05
Intro- RWM, PGL rep, WIB, W & W Brn all.
Brethren, like all good Albert Senior Wardens before me, it is my privileged and pleasure to propose a toast to the GLoS and the PGL of Forfashire.
Tonight we are honoured to have with us ……… the …. of Forfarshire; it is his first
official visit to Lodge Albert since the installation of the PGM Angus Murray, which took place at Lodge Panmure #299, in Arbroath. I was at the Installation that day Brethren, and the ceremony was carried out by Bro Alexander Whitehead, PDGM

And I can safely say that it was truly exceptional ceremony and done in very friendly manner; all in all it was just a really nice day!
I hope Bro …. has enjoyed his visit to Lodge Albert this evening and it won’t be too
long before he comes back and visits us again!

The members of GL and PGL are also very active members of their own Lodges and
of many other Orders. They are also active members of the community and believe it or not they are not “old wrinklies” as some would have you believe, most have full time jobs as well! When you’re out and about in the Province and even further afield, you bump into these hardworking Masons, who seem to have never ending energy and enthusiasm for what they do. Their love for the Craft in general and their Fellow Brothers in particular, is unquestionable!

I suppose it has to be said the GL, PGL and particularly this Province has had it ups
and downs over the past few months, but despite this the depth of Masonic experience within Scottish Freemasonry, and in the Region in particular is so clearly unfathomable, when you see the quality of the Brethren who have been recently
elected and installed into High Office!

To quote myself from a paper I had published recently, “from a historical perspective, in times of natural or man induced disasters, (which of course have been all too evident this year), people do not stay down, they get up, they clean up and they rebuild! That is clearly the intention of GL and PGL and they deserve all of our support!

Having just mentioned natural disasters, again, by way of an example, the GLoS and the PGL of Forfarshire were quick to respond to the Tsunami disaster, and made generous donations to the Aid funds on behalf of Scottish Freemasons. This type of contribution doesn’t just happen on its own Brethren; it takes the dedication and hard work of the members of GL and PGL.

I now call upon all present to be upstanding, and join me in a toast to GL and PGL!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Regards, Peter
Provincial Grand Master of Forfarshire, PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789, Honorary, 49, 54, 99, 164, 225, 299, 317, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, Proxy Master 1371 SC, Zambia: Associate 198, Colorado: PZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RW Mark Master: RAM, CC: AASR 31°, PMWS, PGC: SRIS 9°: ROoS: OSM: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Interest and Discussion