Tyler's Checklists

Reports and comments concerning UGLE

Moderators: MrBenn, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Tyler's Checklists

Postby London Mason » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Afternoon all,

Does anyone here who is a Tyler and/or Janitor, have a checklist to ensure the temple is set out correctly for each degree (1/2/3/installation).

Much appreciated.
PM & PZ
SLGR & LCGR
MetGStwd '08 (Craft) & MetGStB '15 (RA)
18°

L3862 (PM), L9812, L3408
C3862 (PZ), C9628
RCC255
London Mason
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: Tyler's Checklists

Postby Trouillogan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Yes. However, as each Lodge sets up with its own variations, you would do well to create your own instuctions.

For example, TBs may be on trestles or on the floor, leaning one against each ped., screwed to the walls perhaps behind curtains. Ashlars may or may not be present and may be on the floor or on peds. The placing of the warrant will differ between Lodges and there may or may not be centenary and bicentenary charters as well. The orientation of the VSL varies as well. These and other customs are almost endless, so you will see what I mean.
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby London Mason » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:37 pm

Trouillogan wrote:Yes. However, as each Lodge sets up with its own variations, you would do well to create your own instuctions.

For example, TBs may be on trestles or on the floor, leaning one against each ped., screwed to the walls perhaps behind curtains. Ashlars may or may not be present and may be on the floor or on peds. The placing of the warrant will differ between Lodges and there may or may not be centenary and bicentenary charters as well. The orientation of the VSL varies as well. These and other customs are almost endless, so you will see what I mean.

Fantastic - do you have something I can have to start one off please?
PM & PZ
SLGR & LCGR
MetGStwd '08 (Craft) & MetGStB '15 (RA)
18°

L3862 (PM), L9812, L3408
C3862 (PZ), C9628
RCC255
London Mason
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby Trouillogan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:38 pm

London Mason wrote:
Trouillogan wrote:Yes. However, as each Lodge sets up with its own variations, you would do well to create your own instuctions.

Fantastic - do you have something I can have to start one off please?

Sure, if you PM me your e-mail, I'll send you a copy. I doubt it will be a great deal of use because this is an old Lodge and much comes from our own store. Basically we strip out the Lodge room and replace with our own stuff.
Trouillogan

Postby Lazza21 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:29 pm

I have tyled for my London Lodge (at MMH) and have a check list that will cover most of what you need.
PM with your email and I will pass it on in Word format.
Wheatsheaf Lodge No.9445
Clerkenwell Lodge of Installed Masters No.9628
Greenhythe Chapter No.5449
Lazza21

Return to United Grand Lodge of England