Grand chapters falling out

Ideas, Information and debate

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Grand chapters falling out

Postby Multisync » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:38 pm

There appears to be some disharmony between the grand chapters of Scotland and Spain.
What's the ramifications of such an event?

Could it lead to further withdrawals of recognition by other grand chapters and grand lodges
Victory lodge
Multisync
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Re: Grand chapters falling out

Postby Trouillogan » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Not knowing what the 'disharmony' concerns, it's hard to say. But if the matter eventually comes down to regularity and then recognition, the three 'home' Grand Chapters would need to agree on a course of action. Yes, i realise that the Grand Chapter/Grand Lodge arrangements differ somewhat between England, Scotland and Ireland but they would all need to agree. That could then have wider inter-jurisdictional ramifications. Hopefully, whatever it is can be dealt with in discussions.
Trouillogan

Postby YHWH » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:26 pm

https://www.diariomasonico.com/english/ ... ally-dead/

"Scotland withdraws its recognition of Spain making the Grand Masters position masonically dead.
It was an open secret, the irresponsible actions of Oscar de Alfonso has born its first consequences outside of Spain.
This is the proof that the Grand Lodge of Spain will lose general recognition if it follows its present course of management.
The worst Winter Solstice that Oscar de Alfonso could have imagined!
It is obvious that the problems are mounting up massively for the Grand Master"

"Scotland remove the recognition of the Grand Chapter of Spain (side order under the Grand Lodge of Spain) after the events of last may when Oscar de Alfonso consecrated a new Grand Chapter in Peru without possessing the necessary powers or qualifications to do so".
MM (Grande Oriente d'Italia)
KBHC
MMM
RAC
RAM
RSM
York Rite
YHWH
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby Multisync » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:25 pm

Trouillogan wrote:Not knowing what the 'disharmony' concerns, it's hard to say. But if the matter eventually comes down to regularity and then recognition, the three 'home' Grand Chapters would need to agree on a course of action. Yes, i realise that the Grand Chapter/Grand Lodge arrangements differ somewhat between England, Scotland and Ireland but they would all need to agree. That could then have wider inter-jurisdictional ramifications. Hopefully, whatever it is can be dealt with in discussions.

There is a letter circulating regarding the suspension of amity . The talk is Ireland and England will follow suit.
Spain's GM has written a letter to to Scotland outlining his defence but there has been no response as yet (or at least nothing released)
From my understanding Peru is also trying to blame Spain so it's looking increasingly difficult for the GL of E (Spain) to come out of this unscathed.

However if the RA of Scotland suspends amity would the regular GL GL of Scotland normally do the same in time or are their actions totally separate?
Victory lodge
Multisync

Postby Trouillogan » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:31 am

Your final question is way above my pay grade! But I would find it hard to understand if the GL wouldn't follow the GC if a full de-recognition occurred.
Trouillogan

Postby Richard George » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:59 pm

England is a different proposition; SGC don't actually formally recognise any foreign constitution Grand Chapters.
Richard George
Craft: Granta 6179, Porta 9511, CIML 7429
RAC: Fidelity 441, Walden 1280, CIP 7429
Mark: York 334
KT: Arthur Dentith 434
A&AR: Octagon 1076, Iceni 1126, Cambs& Isle of Ely 1157
KTP: Clare 74
ROS: East Anglia
Richard George

Postby Trouillogan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:16 am

Richard George wrote:England is a different proposition; SGC don't actually formally recognise any foreign constitution Grand Chapters.

That's interesting. I do know about some of the differences but I was not aware of that. How, then are visitors from other RA Constitutions enabled to visit Scottish RA Chapters, always assuming the visitor is already qualified through Mark and 'veils'?
Trouillogan

Postby Richard George » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:19 pm

-quote-
"The Supreme Grand Chapter of England does not formally recognise other Grand Chapters: it accepts as regular the Companions of another Grand Chapter if it works with the approval of the Grand Lodge whose territory it shares, provided that the Grand Lodge is recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England."
https://www.supremegrandchapter.org.uk/ ... d-chapters
Richard George
Craft: Granta 6179, Porta 9511, CIML 7429
RAC: Fidelity 441, Walden 1280, CIP 7429
Mark: York 334
KT: Arthur Dentith 434
A&AR: Octagon 1076, Iceni 1126, Cambs& Isle of Ely 1157
KTP: Clare 74
ROS: East Anglia
Richard George

Postby Trouillogan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:32 pm

Richard George wrote:-quote-
"The Supreme Grand Chapter of England does not formally recognise other Grand Chapters: it accepts as regular the Companions of another Grand Chapter if it works with the approval of the Grand Lodge whose territory it shares, provided that the Grand Lodge is recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England."
https://www.supremegrandchapter.org.uk/ ... d-chapters

Apologies - I misread your 'SGC' as Scottish . . . Ridiculous I know! Silly of me.
Trouillogan

Postby Multisync » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:06 am

Richard George wrote:England is a different proposition; SGC don't actually formally recognise any foreign constitution Grand Chapters.

So SGC won't become involved unless UGLE become involved, and UGLE won't become involved unless GL of Scotland becomes involved..

So some way to go before the UGLE masons in Spain are affected..

Many thanks
Victory lodge
Multisync

Return to General Interest and Discussion