Hello from London/Essex border

COME AND SAY HELLO.
This should be your first stop. Let us know you're here and something about yourself.

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Hello from London/Essex border

Postby LightSquare » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Hello Brethren,
I'm a long time, secret, post reader and I thought it was time to sign up and take it to the next level on your wonderful forum.
I'm a MM having joined masonry 3 years ago. I have this year been our IG and have enjoyed this along with other work such as the WTs when I can.

My mother lodge is facing closure, and the formal proceedings to hand our warrant back have sadly just begun. It's a London lodge meeting at GQS, I feel unfortunately this is an all too common tale. I live in south west Essex and am trying to see this sad time as an opportunity to find a lodge which suits me well so I can continue my journey. Meeting days, locations, LOI etc.
I have been lucky enough to be introduced to visiting early on as an EA, and have been getting myself out and about visiting different lodges and locations.
I have every confidence I will be guided to a suitable new home.

Keep up the good work here on lodgeroom, advice from the forum has been with me from when I was first prepared to be made a mason.

S&F
LightSquare

Re: Hello from London/Essex border

Postby Trouillogan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Welcome Lightsquare, good to have you here. Sorry to hear your lodge is closing but for a long time there have been too many, meaning that brethren were spread thinly in small lodges. Now that corner is being turned and we can see lodges growing in size. Keep visiting and make up your mind soon about which to join. When your lodge has handed in its warrant and closed, you will become 'unattached' and only able to visit any one lodge once only. You can visit as many lodges as you like but each one can only be visited once. I know, it's a ridiculous rule (r. 127(iii)) the way it's currently worded and I can only think it was created to stop an unscrupulous brother from 'freeloading'. Anyway, I hope you find a new home soon.
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby admin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:00 am

I am a memebr of two Lodges that meet at Upminster.

If that is a convenient area let me know and I can arrange visits.

Welcome to the forum.
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JulesTheBit » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:21 am

LightSquare wrote:Hello Brethren,
I'm a long time, secret, post reader and I thought it was time to sign up and take it to the next level on your wonderful forum.
I'm a MM having joined masonry 3 years ago. I have this year been our IG and have enjoyed this along with other work such as the WTs when I can.

My mother lodge is facing closure, and the formal proceedings to hand our warrant back have sadly just begun. It's a London lodge meeting at GQS, I feel unfortunately this is an all too common tale. I live in south west Essex and am trying to see this sad time as an opportunity to find a lodge which suits me well so I can continue my journey. Meeting days, locations, LOI etc.
I have been lucky enough to be introduced to visiting early on as an EA, and have been getting myself out and about visiting different lodges and locations.
I have every confidence I will be guided to a suitable new home.

Keep up the good work here on lodgeroom, advice from the forum has been with me from when I was first prepared to be made a mason.

S&F

Welcome to the forum LightSquare. Bill's already covered Upminster. If Loughton's more convenient, I'm a member of a Lodge there which meets on Saturday mornings. I have good contacts with other Lodges at Loughton that meet on weekdays.

What in particular is important to you? Location, meetings day/time, size of the Lodge, progression opportunities, age profile of the members or something else? There are several of us here who will be happy to help.

S&F, Jules
Several Lodges & Orders mostly in London and Essex
JulesTheBit

Postby Peter Dowling » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:45 am

Welcome to LRUK.
PM Craft 8945 East Kent
PM Craft 1361 London
Royal Arch 8945.
MMM 152, 378, 767, 999, 1691, PProvGStwd
Kent MMM Ambassador Recruitment & Retention
Kent MMM Prov. Demonstration Team
Kent Mark 2020 Prov. Fund Raising Manager
RAM 152
OSM 358. SR.
SC 36
AMD 99
Athelstan 72
QCCC Lodge No. 2076
Peter Dowling

Postby Steve Treacle » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Welcome Brother. Hope you find a suitable lodge soon.
"Never fire a gun loaded with someone else's bullets."
Steve Treacle
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby eckywan2 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:59 am

Welcome from Sunny Leith
good luck in your search
eckywan2

Postby Joe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 am

Hi LightSquare
Sorry to hear about your mother lodge very sad.
Whereabouts in SW Essex - Old Loughtonians meets surprisingly at Loughton which probably isn't too far from you. Fancy coming to our September meeting as a guest?
Joe
Joe Shearer
Craft - PProvGStwd (Essex), 7311 (Essex), 8665 (Essex), 9475 (Herts),
Royal Arch - PProvAGDC (Essex), 5705 (Essex), 8665 (Essex), 3256 (Essex), 7897 (Essex)

Nosce Te Ipsum
Joe

Postby MrBenn » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Sorry to hear about your mother lodge - hope you're able to find a new home
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."

mail me : mrbenn@lodgeroomuk.com
MrBenn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bod » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Hello - welcome to the forum

You would be more than welcome to come along to my lodge as a visitor to see if it would work for you - we meet Saturdays 4 times a year at GQS - feel free to drop me a PM

Loughton has been mentioned, but as that's NW Essex may not be convenient for you!
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

Aarheus Lodge 6854
bod
Proved Member
Proved Member

Postby wayne cowley » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:56 pm

A very warm welcome from me too

Wayne
PM Hamlet of Van Lodge 8334 UGLE (Caerphilly - South Wales); PZ Hamlet of Van Chapter 8334
PM, Caerffili MMM 1348; PCN, Caerffili RAM 1348; St Teilo Chapter A&AR 789; Brangwyn SRIA 75;
Castell Caerffili OSM 466; Fforest KT 582: Merthyr Tydfil R&SM 120, Athelstan 53; Dyfrig Sant RCC 295; Salem KTP 100; OSC 21 TI; SToA 31; AMD 53; Operatives, ROS
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:19 pm

(24)
bod wrote:Hello - welcome to the forum

You would be more than welcome to come along to my lodge as a visitor to see if it would work for you - we meet Saturdays 4 times a year at GQS - feel free to drop me a PM

Loughton has been mentioned, but as that's NW Essex may not be convenient for you!

Bod - you clearly didn't pay attention in your geography lesson - its about as far SW as you can get! (7)

Joe Shearer
Craft - PProvGStwd (Essex), 7311 (Essex), 8665 (Essex), 9475 (Herts),
Royal Arch - PProvAGDC (Essex), 5705 (Essex), 8665 (Essex), 3256 (Essex), 7897 (Essex)

Nosce Te Ipsum
Joe

Postby LightSquare » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks for all your replies and help.
I live in Thurrock.

My priorities are really day of meeting and location. Saturdays are not great for me as there is some conflict with other activities, so I'm thinking weekday evenings.
I think Loughton may prove a bit further than other places. Especially for regular meetings /LOI etc. Upminster is an option and I will PM the brother who mentions that above.

I have been invited to the two very local meetings at Thurrock and orsett so things are coming together already. Thanks again for all your help and warm welcomes!
LightSquare

Postby Stevecoath » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Lightsquare
How far are you from Cheshunt? This is right near the border of Essex and Hertfordshire and there are a great many lodges that meet there. My own Lodge meets there on Fridays in Jan, March, Sept and Oct.
PM Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
MM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; Gladsmuir RAM 367; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Jacques de Molay KT 670: Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440;
Stevecoath
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member

Postby MrBenn » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Thurrock to Cheshunt would be a schlepp
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."

mail me : mrbenn@lodgeroomuk.com
MrBenn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mike Martin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi LightSquare,
How's this for "out of the Sun"! Ever considered the Masonic Province of East Kent?

The Gravesend Masonic centre is a 10 min (slow) walk from the Gravesend Pontoon served by the Gravesend - Tilbury Ferry, so depending on where you live in Thurrock it may be quite easy for you to attend meetings there.
Mike Martin

Postby Peter Taylor » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:52 am

A warm welcome to LRUK!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lloyd Wiebe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:52 pm

Welcome to LRUK and good luck with your quest in finding a new Masonic home.
Lloyd Wiebe

Postby Saracen1970 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Welcome to LRUK
Alex
of what use are flambeaux, torches and spectacles to him who shuts his eyes so as not to see?
Saracen1970

Return to Landing Pad