Septentrione Books UK

We invite any Masonic authors to visit and promote their Books

Moderators: Peter Moir, Peter Taylor, middlepillar

Septentrione Books UK

Postby Sarastro » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:08 am

Does anyone have more information on Trevor Stewart and his publishing house Septentrione Books UK?
Are they still operational and/or where can I get their titles?

More specifically I am interested in the following two titles:
- "The Life and Work of Jean-Baptiste Willermoz : A new study" by Jean-Francois Var (2007)
- "A.E. Waite and the Rectified Scottish Rite : An anthology of his writings" by Trevor Stewart
"I have desired to do good, but I have not desired to make noise, because I have felt that noise did no good and that good made no noise" - LCdSM
Sarastro
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: Septentrione Books UK

Postby Trouillogan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:08 am

About 3/4 years ago Trevor told me that he had closed the company and disposed of all stock. So probably your best bet would be to keep an eye out on Abe Books, Amazon and so on. Trevor is still writing, though, and we can expect more of his collected works.
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby Peter Taylor » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Trouillogan wrote:About 3/4 years ago Trevor told me that he had closed the company and disposed of all stock. So probably your best bet would be to keep an eye out on Abe Books, Amazon and so on. Trevor is still writing, though, and we can expect more of his collected works.

Correct. They do pop up on Abebooks from time to time!
Regards, Peter
Provincial Grand Master of Forfarshire, PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789, Honorary, 49, 54, 99, 164, 225, 299, 317, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, Proxy Master 1371 SC, Zambia: Associate 198, Colorado: PZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RW Mark Master: RAM, CC: AASR 31°, PMWS, PGC: SRIS 9°: ROoS: OSM: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Terra masonica

Postby eckywan2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Treveo is very nice guy and fun to cross swords with in discussing our history !!

Not a book but new film coming out with surprise in content !!

TERRA MASONICA or around the world in 80 never mo lodges
by Bro Tristan Bourlard form Belgium
appears to start with the ongoing lies about 1717
in fact stating that freemasonry was invented in London in 1717 in the verbal trailer

But then goes on to evidence Kilwinnings minutes from mid 17th century but not its Schaw Statutes story of 1598 and 1599 never mind the centuries before that when it was forbidden to write anything? ( remember 1st degree??)
I look forward to viewing the whole film
( ticket available for screening at Lodge Mother Kilwinning on 8th April contact MK0.com
or IPM Bro Ian Doole

( N B I'm biased I was born in Kilwinning )
eckywan2

Postby eckywan2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:05 pm

sorry about typo
sub title is
around the world in 80 lodges
frat greetings to the whole masonic world from not so sunny Leith !!
eckywan2

Postby eckywan2 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Did anyone else bother to watch this ?
Or are you happy to go along with the continued propaganda about 1717
ignoring the truth
and jist cowtowing to the Status Quo
( no insult meant to Quo fans mind you I m still a Stones fan)
frat as always
eckywan2

Postby Lazza21 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:13 am

I went to the Quatuor Coronati symposium "1717 and all that" and whilst there is doubt about that year it seemed pretty conclusive that Grand Lodge Freemasonry in a form that we would recognize today began in 1721 with the installation of Lord Montagu as Grand Master. However there was very good evidence presented that some form of Grand Lodge did exist before then. A visit by Desgualier to a Lodge in Scotland noted him as being over the Lodges of London but the term Grand Master was not used. I didn't take notes unfortunately so must wait for the publication by QC. I know that there are documents showing the crafts existence especially in Scotland going back much earlier but "Grand Lodges" seem to have their roots in London.
Wheatsheaf Lodge No.9445
Clerkenwell Lodge of Installed Masters No.9628
Greenhythe Chapter No.5449
Lazza21

Postby eckywan2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 pm

There we go again
Grand Lodge is only a name thats in vogue nowadays
Prior to Ireland in 1726 ( ?) Scotland 1736 and England in 1813
there were lodges in an executive position over the others
IE Kilwinning over 1000 years ago and York similar age over England
with The York Rite having its origins in advice asked for by York and Kilwinnings response
So what "has its roots in London" only started in 1813 for very unmasonic reasons of Political Religious and Military neeeds

repeating yet again !
Fraternally as always
eckywan2

Postby wayne cowley » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Lazza21 wrote:I went to the Quatuor Coronati symposium "1717 and all that" and whilst there is doubt about that year it seemed pretty conclusive that Grand Lodge Freemasonry in a form that we would recognize today began in 1721 with the installation of Lord Montagu as Grand Master. However there was very good evidence presented that some form of Grand Lodge did exist before then. A visit by Desgualier to a Lodge in Scotland noted him as being over the Lodges of London but the term Grand Master was not used. I didn't take notes unfortunately so must wait for the publication by QC. I know that there are documents showing the crafts existence especially in Scotland going back much earlier but "Grand Lodges" seem to have their roots in London.

I was there too - a very interesting afternoon. Certainly thought provoking

Wayne
PM Hamlet of Van Lodge 8334 UGLE (Caerphilly - South Wales); PZ Hamlet of Van Chapter 8334
PM, Caerffili MMM 1348; PCN, Caerffili RAM 1348; St Teilo Chapter A&AR 789; Brangwyn SRIA 75;
Castell Caerffili OSM 466; Fforest KT 582: Merthyr Tydfil R&SM 120, Athelstan 53; Dyfrig Sant RCC 295; Salem KTP 100; OSC 21 TI; SToA 31; AMD 53; Operatives, ROS
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Trouillogan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Lazza21 wrote:I went to the Quatuor Coronati symposium "1717 and all that" and whilst there is doubt about that year it seemed pretty conclusive that Grand Lodge Freemasonry in a form that we would recognize today began in 1721 with the installation of Lord Montagu as Grand Master. However there was very good evidence presented that some form of Grand Lodge did exist before then. A visit by Desgualier to a Lodge in Scotland noted him as being over the Lodges of London but the term Grand Master was not used. I didn't take notes unfortunately so must wait for the publication by QC. I know that there are documents showing the crafts existence especially in Scotland going back much earlier but "Grand Lodges" seem to have their roots in London.

On the Home page of the Quatuor Coronati Lodge web site, you will find videos taken during the four main papers and some of the comments and remarks after them. They are all downloadable. They will only remain on the web site for a short while longer! These are shortened versions of the full papers which will appear in the next issue of AQC.

One does have to be mindful of the use of the word 'Grand'. It was, and is, used in different ways to mean different things and not always what we would understand today.

It was good to meet some of the forum members there too.
Trouillogan

Postby wayne cowley » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Trouillogan wrote:It was good to meet some of the forum members there too.

Was good to finally meet you too

Wayne
PM Hamlet of Van Lodge 8334 UGLE (Caerphilly - South Wales); PZ Hamlet of Van Chapter 8334
PM, Caerffili MMM 1348; PCN, Caerffili RAM 1348; St Teilo Chapter A&AR 789; Brangwyn SRIA 75;
Castell Caerffili OSM 466; Fforest KT 582: Merthyr Tydfil R&SM 120, Athelstan 53; Dyfrig Sant RCC 295; Salem KTP 100; OSC 21 TI; SToA 31; AMD 53; Operatives, ROS
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Trouillogan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Yes, Wayne I enjoyed our all too brief chat but being one of the back room boys of the event, I had some duties needing attention and may have appeared a little distracted, for which I apologise. Hopefully we'll be able to meet again on a less busy occasion.
Trouillogan

Postby wayne cowley » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:36 pm

I fully understood

Hopefully will be at a future QC meeting

Wayne
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mike Martin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:01 pm

I was there too but had to go back to work before the Q&A session.
Mike Martin

Postby wayne cowley » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Mike Martin wrote:I was there too but had to go back to work before the Q&A session.

Were you sitting to the right of the JW Mike? Thought I spotted you in distance. I was between JW and SW positions in second row

Wayne
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Masonic Authors - Books