Your opinion please!

Lay out any Complaints and suggestions so we can get to grips with them

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Re: Your opinion please!

Postby c.nicholls » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:30 am

Peter Moir wrote:Tread carefully Bro Nicholls, that's my Lodge your talking about....LOL!

haha I am only joking but would like to come visit your lodge one day I would like to say this year, as in the chair but I don't know? can you PM me your lodge address and a few meeting dates ?? Might run by a few brothers and a couple companions in my chapter come down from your way just for our meeting so might fit in with ... (7)
c.nicholls
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member

Postby Peter Moir » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you for your enquiry.......PM sent.
Peter Moir

Postby Peter Taylor » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:40 pm

c.nicholls wrote:
Peter Moir wrote:Tread carefully Bro Nicholls, that's my Lodge your talking about....LOL!

haha I am only joking but would like to come visit your lodge one day I would like to say this year, as in the chair but I don't know? can you PM me your lodge address and a few meeting dates ?? Might run by a few brothers and a couple companions in my chapter come down from your way just for our meeting so might fit in with ... (7)

Have a look at www.lodgealbert.com
Regards, Peter
Provincial Grand Master of Forfarshire, PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789, Honorary, 49, 54, 99, 164, 225, 299, 317, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, Proxy Master 1371 SC, Zambia: Associate 198, Colorado: PZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RW Mark Master: RAM, CC: AASR 31°, PMWS, PGC: SRIS 9°: ROoS: OSM: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wayne cowley » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 pm

petertaylor wrote:
c.nicholls wrote:

Have a look at http://www.lodgealbert.com

And, as a number of us on the forum can testify, it is an extremely friendly lodge (55)

Wayne
PM Hamlet of Van Lodge 8334 UGLE (Caerphilly - South Wales); PZ Hamlet of Van Chapter 8334
PM, Caerffili MMM 1348; PCN, Caerffili RAM 1348; St Teilo Chapter A&AR 789; Brangwyn SRIA 75;
Castell Caerffili OSM 466; Fforest KT 582: Merthyr Tydfil R&SM 120, Athelstan 53; Dyfrig Sant RCC 295; Salem KTP 100; OSC 21 TI; SToA 31; AMD 53; Operatives, ROS
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave B » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Even though I am new to FM and only a EA I feel that all rituals should be put to mind as I think it gives a feeling of worth within the lodge room. Though only been in the craft for a short time I have been asked to carry out The W T in the next
Worshipful Masters initiation. This I have to do together with learning my Q & A for my second. The feel of triumph I will have on reciting both peaces ( I hope without prompt ) will fill me and my i hope also my brothers with pride. I think that if I were to recite the part from a book would be devaluing FM . For hundreds if not thousands of years brothers have gathered in lodges across the world reciting rituals from mind , this I feel should not change.
Dave
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lodge Treasurer 2015 onwards
April 2015 Raised to Master Mason
November 2014 Fellow Craft Mason
March 2014 Initiated to Entered Apprentice
December 2013 Handed my petition into the lodge.
Dave B
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member

Postby Dave B » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi to all Brethren

Well seeing I started some 5 years ago I thought id update my progress within the lodge and if i have changed my mind regarding this subject.
I am still the Lodge Treasurer and this coming season i will be in the JW chair as well. How i got here i still don't understand. SD was my first floor work i had done other than the 1st working tools. How I got through my season as SD Is beyond me which included a 2nd and 3rd. But i still think that all ritual should be put to memory and not out of a book. Even though I find it changeling but that is all part of the fun.
Though I think its harder for newer members like myself with progressing each year on year, as i found that i was settling into the SD role later in the year. Then having to start again with learning a new.
Dave
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lodge Treasurer 2015 onwards
April 2015 Raised to Master Mason
November 2014 Fellow Craft Mason
March 2014 Initiated to Entered Apprentice
December 2013 Handed my petition into the lodge.
Dave B
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member

Postby eckywan2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:07 am

Well said, both Peters !
Pockets you get the prize best input with your story of support from others and your own efforts
Both Peters see you soon in Embra
fratanat
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby Trouillogan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:10 pm

Dave B wrote:Hi to all Brethren

Well seeing I started some 5 years ago I thought id update my progress within the lodge and if i have changed my mind regarding this subject.
I am still the Lodge Treasurer and this coming season i will be in the JW chair as well. How i got here i still don't understand. SD was my first floor work i had done other than the 1st working tools. How I got through my season as SD Is beyond me which included a 2nd and 3rd. But i still think that all ritual should be put to memory and not out of a book. Even though I find it changeling but that is all part of the fun.
Though I think its harder for newer members like myself with progressing each year on year, as i found that i was settling into the SD role later in the year. Then having to start again with learning a new.

Well done Dave, you're making good progress. However, under UGLE rules you are not permitted to hold two 'regular' offices simultaneously (rule 104(a)). There are good reasons, so perhaps you may have misunderstood what someone in your lodge may have said. So I'm afraid you cannot be Treasurer and JW at the same time.

All good fortune on your way to the Chair.
Trouillogan

Postby haula ain » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:29 pm

I think norms and values varies in society by the passage of time.
Reading book is a good thing it adds discipline in ones life if any one is having a reading habit.
haula ain

Previous

Return to What can be done to Improve Freemasonry