Sir David Frost

Anything you think is news worthy

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Sir David Frost

Postby rogerschwartz » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:31 pm

I had the honour & pleasure of meeting Sir David when he was a founder & director of TVAM. In the 1980s a courier/ cab company I managed 'had' part of the TVAM Account & was given its own desk there to handle bookings. It was manned by us 24/7 & I was one of those who worked there. I had the pleasure of meeting most of the TVAM people & remember that Sir David was most friendly & always said hello. (Yes, he did use the phrase "Hello, good evening & welcome" in a self-mocking way!).

I remember him more though for his early years in the 1960s. He truly started TV satire with the wonderful TW3 (That Was The Week That Was) & its successors. As a young man, I gladly came home early on saturday nights to see the wonderful sketches & debates & to watch Barker, Corbett & Clees in their early careers & the lovely Millie Martin too . Halcyon days!!

A sad loss. (43)
S & F from W Bro Roger Schwartz, LLB(Hons), LGR, PPJGD (Herts). P.M. & Treasurer of Waterways (7913) & Herts Imperial Yeomanry (3192)
There are no strangers in Freemasonry; just brothers we have not met yet.
rogerschwartz
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Re: Sir David Frost

Postby Peter Taylor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:59 pm

A great broadcaster, journalist and satirist! RIP
Regards, Peter
Provincial Grand Master of Forfarshire, PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789, Honorary, 49, 54, 99, 164, 225, 299, 317, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, Proxy Master 1371 SC, Zambia: Associate 198, Colorado: PZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RW Mark Master: RAM, CC: AASR 31°, PMWS, PGC: SRIS 9°: ROoS: OSM: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Peter Moir » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:53 am

Heard a comment from him a few years ago saying he had never ever voted in his life, local elections or general elections. By not voting no-one could accuse him of having any political bias toward any one party.
Peter Moir

Postby McClef » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 pm

A great loss to television and having watched the new version of Through The Keyhole just before his death was announced, I was already missing him!
McClef

Return to News Items