The Royal Connection .....

Anything you think is news worthy

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Postby rogerschwartz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:06 pm

...... appears to exist. On Twitter today, Navy Lodge No. 2612 said: (7) “Great News. Bro Edinburgh has left hospital. All good wishes from all in Navy Lodge for a continued recovery at home”. I knew that HRH had been on the square but the ‘story’ this was only done to please his father-in-law & that Philip let his membership of the craft lapse. The Navy Lodge website implied that he remains a member but use of the words ‘Bro Edinburgh’ seems to indicate he did not go through the Chair. But it is interesting, is it not & it lends some credit to the notion that Andrew &/ or Harry are in the Craft. (27)
S & F from W Bro Roger Schwartz, LLB(Hons), LGR, PPJGD (Herts). P.M. & Treasurer of Waterways (7913) & Herts Imperial Yeomanry (3192)
There are no strangers in Freemasonry; just brothers we have not met yet.
rogerschwartz
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Re: The Royal Connection .....

Postby Rowan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:47 pm

My understanding is that he is still a subscribing member of Navy Lodge but that he has not been much if at all since he was raised many many years ago.
Rowan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby eric384 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:19 pm

rogerschwartz wrote: & it lends some credit to the notion that Andrew &/ or Harry are in the Craft. (27)

No, it doesn't
Eric Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth
eric384

Postby rogerschwartz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:17 pm

eric384 wrote:
rogerschwartz wrote: & it lends some credit to the notion that Andrew &/ or Harry are in the Craft. (27)

No, it doesn't

You are entitled to your view as I am to mine. Speculation it may be but, as I have said before, Andrew's & Harry's connection came to me from an informed source. I agree that speculative it must remain until the two either confirm or refute it but I am inclined to think there may be some merit in it & am bemused that certain brethren will always 'rubbish' the suggestion (41) . Both princes receive poor press reporting (although Harry's 'merits' are more pronounced of late) but I for one do not take newspaper reports as gospel. Roger's rant now over, LOL!! (7)
S & F from W Bro Roger Schwartz, LLB(Hons), LGR, PPJGD (Herts). P.M. & Treasurer of Waterways (7913) & Herts Imperial Yeomanry (3192)
There are no strangers in Freemasonry; just brothers we have not met yet.
rogerschwartz
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby eric384 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 pm

I think Mike Martin is in a good position to back or refute these suggestions and we know what his view is. I tend to lend more weight to his assertions than unsubstantiated comments from elsewhere.
Eric Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth
eric384

Postby Sebastian » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 pm

If all this is true I am delighted. It was once said that Prince Philip was initiated, but went no further. Indeed it was said (but by whom I do not know) that he couldn't keep a straight face.

I haven't heard that Andrew or Harry are on the Square. It is probably more likely of Andrew.

Prince Harry (Captain Wales, as he prefers) is also quite an extraordinary man, and a very fine army officer. It is said by those with whom he serves, that he is a natural career officer, and would have joined the Army even had he not been royal. His work with charities connected to the wonderful Help for Heroes and war disabled sportsman is magnificent. A Very Gallant gentleman.
Sebastian
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby jackal » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:07 am

I was at a meeting with the 2nd Grand Principle (GPF) some months ago and this very question came up at a Q&A session at the FB

GPF said Prince Philip was initiated into a lodge, (didn't say which one) was never passed nor raised and has never attended again, however his subscriptions remain paid as and when they fall due and he continues to be a member of the Craft.

Princes William and Harry have both expressed an interest but that is all. Neither are members of the Craft (as at Nov 2013).

I believe the gentleman!

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Jackal
jackal
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Return to News Items