Visiting Scotland

Open discussion area for those who wish to learn more.

Moderators: Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar, wayne cowley

Visiting Scotland

Postby middlepillar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:41 pm

I am visiting Scotland over the weekend of 5-7 of April, On Friday evening I will be attending a meeting of Muse Coila College in Stewarton and then on Sat will be attending The Half yearly High Council meeting of The SRIS in Perth. I have been to Muse Coila before however I have never attended a High Council meeting of The SRIS and I am particularly looking forward to it, especially as two of my friends will be receiving advancement to higher grades. Mr Mason will be looking after me and I am looking forward to the warmth and hospitality of which he and the rest of our Scottish Brothers/Fratres are famous for! (7)

If anyone is going to be attending please make yourself known and make sure you say hello (I will be the one with The London Accent!)
There is nothing more easy than to come to the gate of truth; there is nothing more difficult than to enter it. This applies to most of the wise of this world. 'Louis Claude de St Martin'
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Visiting Scotland

Postby Seeking-Light » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:30 pm

The lodgerooms of Scoon and Perth No.3 are quite lovely with many interesting features.
My sovereign chapter meets there and knowing some of the membership of the order i am confident that your stay will be most enjoyable .

Congrats to those being advanced to the higher levels of SRiS

seeking light
Scottish freemason ..
feel free to have a chat :)
Seeking-Light
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby eric384 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Alas, although I will be in Scotland at the same time, I will be taking part in the mini KT tour previously mentioned. I believe my DGP will be in Perth getting his 6th Grade, though. I'm sure MrM and others will ensure you are treated to good traditional Scottish hospitality. Enjoy!
Eric Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth
eric384

Postby Peter Taylor » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:53 pm

I will be in Perth at the SRIS meeting. I get my 5th grade.
Looking forward to saying "hi"!!!
Regards, Peter
Provincial Grand Master of Forfarshire, PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789, Honorary, 49, 54, 99, 164, 225, 299, 317, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, Proxy Master 1371 SC, Zambia: Associate 198, Colorado: PZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RW Mark Master: RAM, CC: AASR 31°, PMWS, PGC: SRIS 9°: ROoS: OSM: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby middlepillar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Peter Taylor wrote:I will be in Perth at the SRIS meeting. I get my 5th grade.
Looking forward to saying "hi"!!!

That is excellent news Peter, We will get to meet at last!
I am looking forward to it (7)
There is nothing more easy than to come to the gate of truth; there is nothing more difficult than to enter it. This applies to most of the wise of this world. 'Louis Claude de St Martin'
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MrMason » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:34 am

Looking forward to the meeting next week.

Looks like you and me Peter will be attending the same ceremony!
Regards
Bob
MrMason

Postby Susurration » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:07 pm

I'll be there, along with Davie and a good number of the Fratres of the Semper Discens College as the High Council is doing our Installation as part of the proceedings of the Perth Convocation. I'll be staying for lunch afterwards but sadly we're not going out to play in Perth afterwards.
Cheers,
Bill
Susurration

Postby middlepillar » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi Bill

It seems every time I read the summons of the meeting I notice something new! It will be a great pleasure to be at the Installation meeting of your new College and to be able to meet you as well!

Still looking forward to it!! (7)
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby armst25 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:53 am

A first class meeting of High Council at Perth, good to see some old friends, including Peter and the rest of the lads from Dundee, good to put a face to the name and say hi to middlepiller. The high point of my day was the re-installation of Semper Discens. The founder members from Inverness it was good to see them stand up when being addressed by WSM during the installation even if some of them had to be reminded they were members. A good day out, looking forward to the installation of the Inverness College and the Semper Discens next meeting on 25 April.
Armst25
aka David PM 1535 plus other offices and orders
Dum Spiro Quaero
armst25

Postby middlepillar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:02 am

It certainly was great to meet up with quite a few members of this Forum! I thought the whole meeting was excellent with some really great ritual being performed by the several teams charged to do each grade, its really great to see the substantial differences between the 2 Societies, similar in many ways but distinctly different in others.

As has been said it was also great to put names to faces and a particular joy to meet up with Peter, someone I have known on these Forums for a good 10 years and finally meeting for a drink and a chat! Lovely to meet up with the members of The New College as well, and what really surprised me was that I met a guy who originally came from about a mile from where I lived for the first 25 years of my life!

A really great weekend and thanks to all of our Scottish Fratres for making it so special (7) (7)
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby middlepillar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 am

Seeking-Light wrote:The lodgerooms of Scoon and Perth No.3 are quite lovely with many interesting features.
My sovereign chapter meets there and knowing some of the membership of the order i am confident that your stay will be most enjoyable .

seeking light

Hi SL

The Temple is absolutely fantastic! I had the pleasure of taking a look at the 'secret' vault and it was breathtaking! A wonderful Meeting place to hold such an important meeting of any Order, the pictures or Murals around the Temple were stunning especially the one in the East!
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby eric384 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 am

middlepillar wrote:
Seeking-Light wrote:The lodgerooms of Scoon and Perth No.3 are quite lovely with many interesting features.

seeking light

Hi SL

The Temple is absolutely fantastic! I had the pleasure of taking a look at the 'secret' vault and it was breathtaking! A wonderful Meeting place to hold such an important meeting of any Order, the pictures or Murals around the Temple were stunning especially the one in the East!

I've not been to Perth, yet, but on Friday night I was at Bathgate and the Secretary showed us their secret vault - he almost put his foot in it by starting to explain the Excellent Master images on the wall - my two companions, being members of SGC of England don't have the Veils.
eric384

Postby MrMason » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:49 pm

It was also the first time for myself at a HC SRIS meeting, and in fact sitting in the halls of No 3, a magnificent building indeed.

Great to meet up with those whom I haven't seen for a wee while,and those whom I hadn't met before.
A very enlightening and enjoyable day.

I'm now looking forward to my visit to the HC meeting of the SRIA next month at MMH, another first for me (27)
Regards
Bob
MrMason

Postby eric384 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Middlepillar

I hear you got a wee Honorary rank while you were there. Congratulations!

Eric
eric384

Postby Peter Taylor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:38 pm

A great day had by all I'm sure. And a great pleasure to have been there for my first time with the SRIS. Putting faces to names is always a great pleasure.

I've been in no 3 a few times and there is always something "new" to see. I gave lecture "upstairs" to the Masonic Veterans Club in January and provisionally booked to do another in November.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
Regards, Peter
Provincial Grand Master of Forfarshire, PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789, Honorary, 49, 54, 99, 164, 225, 299, 317, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, Proxy Master 1371 SC, Zambia: Associate 198, Colorado: PZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RW Mark Master: RAM, CC: AASR 31°, PMWS, PGC: SRIS 9°: ROoS: OSM: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rjgs » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Hope it was a great visit, Chris and everyone enjoyed themselves. I am sure that they did. Hic!
rjgs

Postby Eckywan » Mon May 19, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi I think I talked to you at Perth , at least i did speak with 2 SRIA vivtors , but I was busy with some French friends likewise up for promotion
Sorry you missed Fred but Tam did a great job

Yours aye and fraternally
Eckywan
Eckywan

Postby middlepillar » Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi Eckywan

I was not there this year! This thread is from last year! However I do know the 2 Englishman that were there, Alistair Lees our Director General of Studies and Tony Llewellyn our Secretary General. I know they both had a terrific time, another of our members is a Scot living down South and he was there as well.

I do hope to attend next year and if you are there please make sure you say hi!
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eckywan » Wed May 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Lokk forward to it !!
I dont like being anonymous!
I was a bit quiet at Perth as I was in company of 3 French friends great meeting but lunch was too slow.
Tam did a good job in chair ! I met Fred Lowrie yesterday at his house and commiserated on his wifes passing.
My SRIS motto Veritas Per Vigilo Semper Vincit indicates why I was upset at others on Lodgeroom lying
Slainthe

Eckywan
Eckywan

Postby eric384 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Ecky

I scored 11% in my first Latin exam and excelled myself with 9% in the second (I must have got something for writing my name on the paper!), so your motto goes right over my head. (7)
eric384

Next

Return to Rosicrucians