This is why i joined

Open discussion area for those who wish to learn more.

Moderators: Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar, wayne cowley

This is why i joined

Postby Stgermain » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Maybe I'm being too eager but i want to make sure i set myself up correctly.

What route do i have to take to join sria? I've spent 10 years looking at the minimal information online but feel the study of theosophy is right for me.

Im currently fc in my mother lodge and hope to be mm before the summer break.
Would i have to go through the chair to join? We have a large university lodge so if that's the case I'll join a smaller chapter lodge.
Is it expensive? I have long looked at spiritual and esoteric visionaries who essentially shun money, isn't this counter intuitive?

Thanks in advance brethren

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Stgermain
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: This is why i joined

Postby aprado » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 pm

To join the SRIA, you simply have to be a master mason.

You can apply via the SRIA website and they will put you into contact with a suitable college.

The average subs for an SRIA college are between £50-£100 a year, these essentially cover running costs of the college/society and are not payment for spiritual knowledge.
My advice would be to take your time and not to rush, the SRIA introduces you to subjects such as the Kabbalah, Numerology etc to aid you in your search for light, it is hoped that you share your findings with fellow travellers on the path in the form of a paper presented in college, thus providing a learning opportunity for all.
How far or deep you are willing to go is down to you, but I can assure you that there are many knowledgeable, genuine and wonderful people in this society who will help you in anyway you need.
If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me.

Good luck brother.
I have desired to do good
But i have not desired to make noise
Because i have felt that noise did no good
And that good made no noise.
-LCDSM
aprado
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby Stgermain » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:44 am

aprado wrote:To join the SRIA, you simply have to be a master mason.

You can apply via the SRIA website and they will put you into contact with a suitable college.

The average subs for an SRIA college are between £50-£100 a year, these essentially cover running costs of the college/society and are not payment for spiritual knowledge.
My advice would be to take your time and not to rush, the SRIA introduces you to subjects such as the Kabbalah, Numerology etc to aid you in your search for light, it is hoped that you share your findings with fellow travellers on the path in the form of a paper presented in college, thus providing a learning opportunity for all.
How far or deep you are willing to go is down to you, but I can assure you that there are many knowledgeable, genuine and wonderful people in this society who will help you in anyway you need.
If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me.

Good luck brother.
Many thanks brother. I will spend some time thinking on what to ask and pm you. My wife doesn't understand the craft or why i love it so much. Your reply highlights these points clearly.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Stgermain
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby eckywan2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Ho Bro
I agree with Aprado jist slow down and take the time to comprehend your present degrees
as you will have to wait till you are at least a MM
but here in Scotland we expect more experience before Joining SRIS ( which led to SRIA in England)
so enjoy what you have
and I look forward to welcoming you to Metropolitan College of SRIS in Edinburgh.
Why don't you use this site to tell us more about yourself / ask any questions and tell us about the craft wherever you are from .
Fraternal greetings
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby mindmagic » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 am

There is one more requirement to join SRIA: you have to be a Christian. Sadly that lets me out.
Barry Cooper SLGR LGCR
Goliath Lodge No. 5595, London
Goliath Chapter No. 5595, London
MMM and RAM, Euclid No. 1748, London
AMD, Hertfordshire Council No. 107
mindmagic

Postby Stevecoath » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Not only that, but you have to be a Trinitarian Christian, but that also applies to KT, RCC, RC and several others.
PM, Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ, Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
WM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; WCN, Gladsmuir RAM 367; EP, Preceptory of Jacques de Molay 670; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440; John Mortimer Council R&SM 247; Edgecumbe Council AMD 35(TI); Hertfordshire KTP 29; VII°, Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Stevecoath

Postby colineglos » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Stevecoath wrote:Not only that, but you have to be a Trinitarian Christian, but that also applies to KT, RCC, RC and several others.

I think the Trinitarian bit puts the "kibosh" on quite a few of us here.
colineglos
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby Stevecoath » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:39 am

Which Christian teachings do not qualify as Trinitarian?
As far as I was aware it is a belief in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
PM, Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ, Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
WM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; WCN, Gladsmuir RAM 367; EP, Preceptory of Jacques de Molay 670; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440; John Mortimer Council R&SM 247; Edgecumbe Council AMD 35(TI); Hertfordshire KTP 29; VII°, Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Stevecoath

Postby eric384 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Strictly speaking, Unitarians and Christadelphians do not believe in the Trinity.
Eric Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth
eric384

Postby Menny011 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:55 am

You don't need to worry (55) (6)

https://avakinlife.io/
Menny011

Return to Rosicrucians