Presenting Papers

Open discussion area for those who wish to learn more.

Moderators: Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar, wayne cowley

Presenting Papers

Postby aprado » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Fratres,

What is a sensible length for writing a paper for delivery in a college setting? is the usual both sides of one sheet acceptable?
I have desired to do good
But i have not desired to make noise
Because i have felt that noise did no good
And that good made no noise.
-LCDSM
aprado
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Re: Presenting Papers

Postby Stevecoath » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:26 am

No hard and fast rule as far as I am aware, it depends on the size of the writing and the size of the paper.
however, as a rough guideline I would recommend you try to keep to 15-20 minutes including time for questions.
PM, Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ, Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
WM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; WCN, Gladsmuir RAM 367; EP, Preceptory of Jacques de Molay 670; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440; John Mortimer Council R&SM 247; Edgecumbe Council AMD 35(TI); Hertfordshire KTP 29; VII°, Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Stevecoath
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby aprado » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:27 pm

thank you Steve
-LCDSM
aprado
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby aprado » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 pm

seem to have the issue of whenever i try to write a paper, i raise more questions than answers which then lead me on to other things and before i know it the papers already obsolete!
-LCDSM
aprado
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby eckywan2 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:59 am

Dont let that stop you just see where it goes

I was annoyed years ago at the lack of info available about the Battle of Roslin
and as it was approaching its 700 anniversary I thought the locals would have something planned
All I had was a half page A4 which had been given out to those participating in The Carnethy Hill Race
on the Pentland hills near to Roslin explaining part of the battle as the origins of the hill race.
I found nothing.
So I went looking myself, "researching the history" sounds a bit much for my humble efforts
but I ended up with 4 pages
I was asked by some workmates to take them to Roslin Chapel ( all cops only 2 brethren )
so I extended our visit to include the battle site and told them what little I knew
This was well received and one of them ( surname Sinclair) had an obvious interest and asked questions which I promised to look into and with the help of Mr Google, Edinburgh Uni Edinburgh Libraries, the 4 pages had become 8
Then (Inspector) Sinclair asked for a copy and visited me at the Scottish Parliament ( Police unit) and we had a nice chat, His driver commented that I should make others aware by having a website....but I'm a dinosaur
he replied that there was a cop who knew how to set one up and he happened to be a friend ( who lives in Roslin and is now member of Roslin St Clair 606) So I did more work and 8 became 16
With the help of The Clanranald Trust stuntfighters I got some pictures taken and within one week I had a website
Roslin What Battle which was up just in time for the 2003 date! and I kept going for ten years with interest from all over the world leading to more questions and answers.

So Bro Aprado keep it up you never know where it will lead ! specially in SRIS / or even SRIA
eckywan2

Return to Rosicrucians