Metropolitan College SRIA

Open discussion area for those who wish to learn more.

Moderators: Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar, wayne cowley

Metropolitan College SRIA

Postby middlepillar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:45 am

Well after several years I was extremely honoured to be Installed as Celebrant of Metropolitan College on Wednesday. Having been Installed as Celebrant elsewhere 3 times I did not really think there would be much difference. However it is not until you reach this point that you understand the significance and honour of being placed in the Chair of the Oldest College in our Society and all the significance that entails, the Fratres who have gone before and the history of this magnificent College are so special it became an extremely emotional day.

It was made more emotional simply because after 26 years as a member of the Craft it was also the first time I had ever missed a meeting of my Mother Lodge, very strange day indeed!
There is nothing more easy than to come to the gate of truth; there is nothing more difficult than to enter it. This applies to most of the wise of this world. 'Louis Claude de St Martin'
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Metropolitan College SRIA

Postby Stevecoath » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:24 am

Many congratulations Chris,
How many times does this make it that you have been in a chair?
PM, Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ, Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
WM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; WCN, Gladsmuir RAM 367; EP, Preceptory of Jacques de Molay 670; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440; John Mortimer Council R&SM 247; Edgecumbe Council AMD 35(TI); Hertfordshire KTP 29; VII°, Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Stevecoath
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby rjgs » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:24 pm

Many congratulations, Chris. What a fantastic achievement!
rjgs

Postby wayne cowley » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:22 am

Many congratulations Chris

Wayne
PM Hamlet of Van Lodge 8334 UGLE (Caerphilly - South Wales); PZ Hamlet of Van Chapter 8334
PM, Caerffili MMM 1348; PCN, Caerffili RAM 1348; St Teilo Chapter A&AR 789; Brangwyn SRIA 75;
Castell Caerffili OSM 466; Fforest KT 582: Merthyr Tydfil R&SM 120, Athelstan 53; Dyfrig Sant RCC 295; Salem KTP 100; OSC 21 TI; SToA 31; AMD 53; Operatives, ROS
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eckywan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:27 am

Well done Chris and dont forget to enjoy yourself
BUT you will have to come up to Edinburgh sometime when in chair..... to SRIS Metropolitan College The oldest!!

Slainthe
and fraternal greetings ..... of all kinds!
Eckywan
per vigilo, veritas semper vincit
Eckywan

Postby Saracen1970 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:38 pm

Congratulations Chris!
Alex
of what use are flambeaux, torches and spectacles to him who shuts his eyes so as not to see?
Saracen1970

Postby Seeking-Light » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Congratulations bro Middlepillar as bro eckywan suggested a trip to Edinburgh college would be a nice touch you might meet some old friends and new .
The Edinburgh college installations is may 4th would be easy to order you a dinner :)
well done again

seeking light
Scottish freemason ..
feel free to have a chat :)
Seeking-Light

Postby Eckywan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Chris IF you can make it see you next Monday in Edinburgh at SRIS

Its an expensive meal as its an instalation a whole £7 or maybees even £8 I cant remember which.

In Scotland , in Lodges and any other order we expect unexpected visitors so If you can make it GREAT!
If so.... give me a call on 07802432151 It might not even be an international call as I will be in Skipton area on Saturday / Sunday as a race marshall

Seeking light I got Tams number Ta (via 1345)

Chris I know that its short notice same for me Its only because im going to England for the weekend and that I had to cancel my usual Monday evening PT work, that I was able to arrange to attend
Best wishes anyway
Veritas , per vigilo, semper vincit

eckywan
Eckywan

Postby middlepillar » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:40 pm

Unfortunately I am in Guernsey for the Weekend celebrating my 30th Wedding Anniversary!
However Eckywan it is my intention to try to organise a trip to Edinburgh to visit Metropolitan College during my year either with or without colleagues! I have some serious catching up to do with several members of Met Coll including Seeking Light!

Steve, unusually this is my 4th time as a Celebrant of a College! And as you have asked it is the 31st time I have been Installed in a Chair, if all goes well I will be Installed in the chair of OSM (2nd time) and Knight masons (2nd time) next masonic year!
There is nothing more easy than to come to the gate of truth; there is nothing more difficult than to enter it. This applies to most of the wise of this world. 'Louis Claude de St Martin'
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Seeking-Light » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:12 am

Bro middlepillar would that be some kind of worlds record or just a perfect ( 33 ) masonic number (

I have intentions to do only one more masonic chair which incidentally would also be next year but that would still only takes my tally to five orders.

Although I confess to being tempted by at least one non masonic chair ,Aofg

seeking light

ps enjoy the channel islands I have only been once but thought it was lovely
Scottish freemason ..
Seeking-Light

Postby gord_vokes » Fri May 08, 2015 12:57 am

middlepillar wrote:Well after several years I was extremely honoured to be Installed as Celebrant of Metropolitan College on Wednesday. Having been Installed as Celebrant elsewhere 3 times I did not really think there would be much difference. However it is not until you reach this point that you understand the significance and honour of being placed in the Chair of the Oldest College in our Society and all the significance that entails, the Fratres who have gone before and the history of this magnificent College are so special it became an extremely emotional day.

It was made more emotional simply because after 26 years as a member of the Craft it was also the first time I had ever missed a meeting of my Mother Lodge, very strange day indeed!

I am in awe Frater. I've only just been voted in as Sec/Treas of our College in Vancouver (in the colonies (35) ) and am beginning to see the potential we have at hand.
Gord Vokes PDDGM
Lodge Southern Cross, No. 44
Grand Lodge of British Columbia & Yukon
gord_vokes

Postby Eckywan » Fri May 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Middlepillar I look forward to greeting you here, but be quick before the borders close
perhaps Seeking Light will make it too
and if we are really luck , Fred will not get his flights time wrong again like last week

Veritas , per vigilo, semper vincit which might mean Unilateral Declaration soon
please excuse me being a wee bit political the morning after........... being a proud Scot doesnt make me anti english just support my ain folk

Fraternal and Knightly Greetings a s always

eckywan
Eckywan

Postby Seeking-Light » Sun May 10, 2015 3:09 pm

I was at the sris Edinburgh installation when the magus was a 'bit late'

Stayed for dinner as well had a good old chat with some old friends an d new

The political map has certainly got a fresh coat of paint & bro middlepillar is an honorary scot .

Next time say helo to fifers lol
Scottish freemason ..
Seeking-Light

Postby middlepillar » Sun May 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Dear Gordon

It is an awesome Order! I think the more you really explore the Orders potential the more awesome it becomes, I absolutely love it above anything else.

Big Eck, I am almost an honorary Scot! Fred very kindly made me an Honorary Junior Substitute Magus (SRIS) so I feel at home over the border! As far as I am concerned the Scottish People have spoken and I really hope Westminster listens and hands over as much devolution as is right, I am however a Proud Britain and believe in The Union.

Bro Seeking Light, I am looking forward to meeting up in the not to distant future for a good blether!!

I always hope that any Frater who chooses this particular path (order) gets as much enjoyment and knowledge out of it as I have
middlepillar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eckywan » Fri May 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Chris I look forward to meetiong you here at Metropolitan College of SRIS
meanwhile best wishes for your time in the chair . im sure you will get plenty of support in Londonshire and even mair when you get up here!

fratanat

eckywan ( occasional 4th ancient!)
Eckywan

Return to Rosicrucians