Hello from the SRIC in Canada

Open discussion area for those who wish to learn more.

Moderators: Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar, wayne cowley

Hello from the SRIC in Canada

Postby VAFT » Tue May 21, 2013 4:15 am

Greetings Fraters from Toronto Canada.
VAFT

Re: Hello from the SRIC in Canada

Postby wayne cowley » Tue May 21, 2013 5:33 am

Welcome Frater

Wayne
PM Hamlet of Van Lodge 8334 UGLE (Caerphilly - South Wales); PZ Hamlet of Van Chapter 8334
PM, Caerffili MMM 1348; PCN, Caerffili RAM 1348; St Teilo Chapter A&AR 789; Brangwyn SRIA 75;
Castell Caerffili OSM 466; Fforest KT 582: Merthyr Tydfil R&SM 120, Athelstan 53; Dyfrig Sant RCC 295; Salem KTP 100; OSC 21 TI; SToA 31; AMD 53; Operatives, ROS
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Saracen1970 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:18 am

Welcome Frater and warmest fraternal greetings from the SRiS.
Alex
of what use are flambeaux, torches and spectacles to him who shuts his eyes so as not to see?
Saracen1970
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby Paterson Burns » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Greetings,

Does anyone know the current status of the SRIC?

Are there colleges of SRIA in Canada?

Thank you.
Paterson Burns
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby gord_vokes » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Paterson Burns wrote:Greetings,

Does anyone know the current status of the SRIC?

Are there colleges of SRIA in Canada?

Thank you.

As far as I know there are presently SRIC colleges in mid and eastern Canada. In BC & Y we are presently affiliated with the SRIA. This is one of the many problems of when speaking of Canada masonically. There are 10 provinces and therefore 10 jurisdictions. The Royal Arch is the Grand Chapter of BC & Y, while the Cryptic Rite extends to most of Western Canada while I believe the Knights Templar are nation-wide. The AMD is national; however some degrees are different from the USA and UGLE etc. For instance: here the OSM is its own rite, like in UGLE, while in the USA it is part of the AMD. In the USA the AMD also controls the RAM (Royal Arc Mariner) while it UGLE it is part of the Mark GL, while here it is 'moored' to the Cryptic Rite.

To make things even more confusing there is a GL called the Grand Lodge of Canada, while its real name is the Grand Lodge of Canada in the Province of Ontario.

To know where and what one can visit in another regular masonic jurisdiction I suggest you get in touch with your Grand Secretary as all the combinations and differences could fill several books.
Gord Vokes PDDGM
Lodge Southern Cross, No. 44
Grand Lodge of British Columbia & Yukon
gord_vokes

Postby Paterson Burns » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 pm

So it appears that the SRIC is defunct....?

Some dated information online seems to indicate that there were 2 colleges in eastern Canada in 2012 but there is no more website for the SRIC, which was previously sric-canada.org but is now no longer even registered.

My interest is purely from an interest in further study and my questions are not meant to be interpreted as anything other than trying to gain access to accurate info for a body of the same, in my area.

If the SRIA is operating in western Canada, does anyone know if there will be a body of the same in Saskatchewan?

My thanks in advance to any who can point me in the right direction.
Paterson Burns
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby ManOfDesire » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:35 am

The SRIC have a new website, courtesy of MWFr. Niall Good
http://rosicrucians.ca/colleges/
ManOfDesire
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby gord_vokes » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Paterson Burns wrote:So it appears that the SRIC is defunct....?

Some dated information online seems to indicate that there were 2 colleges in eastern Canada in 2012 but there is no more website for the SRIC, which was previously sric-canada.org but is now no longer even registered.

My interest is purely from an interest in further study and my questions are not meant to be interpreted as anything other than trying to gain access to accurate info for a body of the same, in my area.

If the SRIA is operating in western Canada, does anyone know if there will be a body of the same in Saskatchewan?

My thanks in advance to any who can point me in the right direction.

I'm sorry my last post on the subject was as clear as mud. There was a time when the SRIC operated in BC & Y, but no longer does. We have gone back to the SRIA. I was made a member of the SRIC and so when the local College in Vancouver opened as a SRIA College I was accepted with open arms. To my way of thinking, some things are best left as they were originally, we were originally SRIA. I don't want to start a tempest in a teapot, but for those interested, I still wear my SRIC ribbon and jewel. The ribbon has a different colour than the SRIA's. The ceremonies are the same, the passing on of the afflatus (in my mind) is perseved and so SRIC, SRIA, SRIS and numerous other Orders over the planet perserve the same ideals. You must; however, be careful to check with SRIA or as in this case SRIC if the Order that has invited you, and please have that straight from the start - Belief in a Trinitarian Christian Structure and a Master Mason who is invited. If you run across a site that says something like just send X$ to the followning site and we'll make you a member of SRIA then ignore it.

perhaps these will help:

https://www.sria.info/about-the-society/sria-aims/

and then:
https://www.sria.info/about-the-society/provinces/
Scroll down to Canada and the Province of which you are in their Grand Jurisdiction

You will arrive at:
http://www.sria.info/about-the-society/ ... -prairies/

The scribe will send a notice to the nearest College that is in amity with your Grand Jurisdiction.

As an aside I am to Secretary of a College in Vanvouver and often I will get a request for admission. First off it doesn't work that way. Someone who has known you most of your life needs to sponsor you and after he has sent a bio on whomever we then ballot.

The first time they find out about is not because they are curious but because they have mentioned their curiosity to a Brother Mason who then starts the paper work.

To complete this aside and show how the internet can sometimes be a hinderance: I've received requests from brethren outside of my Grand Jurisdiction and as such couldn't help them anyways. Our American brethren have a policy called ETJ (Exclusive Territorial Jurisdiction). In other words -- only one Grand Lodge per state. It goes all the way down to SRIC/A. They have their own name for it. Likewise if you live in Sask.; only Sask can accept you to SRIC/A etc or the closest place in Canada that will. So you've got some work to do.

What is reallly frustrating is that people surfing the the net and have heard of SRIA, think it is like one of the myriad on-line Rosicrucian 'Orders' that will sell you lessons and initiations to do at home. That isn't us, nor do I think you believe it is. I believe that your question is legitmate and if you follow the links I've supplied then you might get the satisfaction of being invited (depending on legit sponsorship, his ability to do the paper-work for you; and most of all the ballot of the members of the College.) Remember that always, this, whether SRIC or SRIA or what the name given in the USA depending on state and recognized by the Colleges world-wide; are that: Colleges. Not another Masonic Order or Lodge, but a College and we are somewhat stricter in our proceedings.

S&F,
Gord
Gord Vokes PDDGM
Lodge Southern Cross, No. 44
Grand Lodge of British Columbia & Yukon
gord_vokes

Return to Rosicrucians