Shriners Mexico

The Shriners are coming to Europe, the Middle-East and Africa!! Here is your chance to ask questions and find out about this organisation.

Moderator: JulesTheBit

Shriners Mexico

Postby eddysocer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Dear All,

I don't know if this is the right place for my post. It's about Shriners, but in Mexico.

Just wanted to share with you that Shriners are very active in Mexico. I live in Monterrey in northern Mexico and the Shriners Azeneh Chapter of Monterrey is headquartered in the building of the Centennial Grand Lodge of Nuevo Leon. My Lodge works in a temple inside that building so I have contact with many brothers of the Shrine here.

Most of the Shriners in my country are from Mexico City and I've witnessed their work and the difference they make in society. Most recently there was a big tragedy in a poor area of the city, a propane tanker exploded in a welfare children hospital. The structure collapsed and many newborns were trapped or burned. It was terrible.

Our brothers helped a lot in the rescue operation and open the doors of the state-of-the art Shriners hospital in Mexico City not only to the children, but also to everyone that was hurt directly or indirectly in the accident. I think these guys need recognition, that is why I just wanted to share this with you.

This is the description of the hospital you can find in the Shriners Hospital website:

"Situated on the outskirts of Mexico City, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Mexico, delivers world-class care to children from all over Mexico. Here we treat children with a host of orthopaedic and neuromusculoskeletal disorders and diseases. Our hospital is light-filled and child-friendly, and designed to reflect the colorful character and cultures of our country. Every member of our staff, from surgeons to therapists, nurses to orthotists, is focused on providing the highest quality care that puts the family at the center of the team".

Hope this was interesting for all.

Fraternally,

Ed
Mankind is an Enigma in search of its own solution
eddysocer
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: Shriners Mexico

Postby Lloyd Wiebe » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:55 pm

I know one of the past Potentates from the Mexican Shrine Temple. He was made a Shriner at Mocha Temple in London Ontario.
Lloyd Wiebe
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Return to Shriners in Europe, Middle-East and Africa