AQC on women in FM

The Lodge Room UK research section where you can ask question and get assitance on anything your are researching.

Moderators: Peter Moir, MrBenn, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

AQC on women in FM

Postby Juan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:33 am

Dear all,

Need your advice.

On one of those constantly changing sites like "Masonic Library" etc I remember having seen once an article (quite big) of AQC (PDF) which was dedicated to a Women in FM, and basically treated this issue with all the details available to the investigator, starting with the Mrs. Aldworth's case etc. Apparently there are much more cases than we are used think, but it is also true that mostly they are anecdotal, or occasional , if you prefer.
Can't find this article now. To my memory, the edition wasn't recent.
Does someone know the data of this publication or has the article itself?
If his Russian was music, his English was murder
V.Nabokov. Pnin
Juan
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member

Re: AQC on women in FM

Postby Trouillogan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:53 am

Soon I hope to return the AQC index to the Quatuor Coronati web site. There are many articles concerning women in Freemasonry. I don't know if you are aware that there are two Grand Lodges of women-only Lodges in England. They disceuss matters of common concern with UGLE but cannot be 'recognised' purely because of gender. UGLE acknowledges that in alll other respects they appear to be 'regular'.
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby harmonw1958 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:04 pm

has this been restored to the AQC website

Harmon Weston
St. John's lodge 29
MW Prince Hall Grand Lodge NY

Trouillogan wrote:Soon I hope to return the AQC index to the Quatuor Coronati web site. There are many articles concerning women in Freemasonry. I don't know if you are aware that there are two Grand Lodges of women-only Lodges in England. They disceuss matters of common concern with UGLE but cannot be 'recognised' purely because of gender. UGLE acknowledges that in alll other respects they appear to be 'regular'.
harmonw1958

Postby Trouillogan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:30 am

harmonw1958 wrote:has this been restored to the AQC website

Harmon Weston
St. John's lodge 29
MW Prince Hall Grand Lodge NY

Trouillogan wrote:Soon I hope to return the AQC index to the Quatuor Coronati web site. There are many articles concerning women in Freemasonry. I don't know if you are aware that there are two Grand Lodges of women-only Lodges in England. They disceuss matters of common concern with UGLE but cannot be 'recognised' purely because of gender. UGLE acknowledges that in alll other respects they appear to be 'regular'.

Not yet. I'm working on it. At the moment it's a combination of the outputs of several proprietary databases and individual efforts. I'm trying to shortcut the differences so as to get something useful up on the site - and the data is useful. We may have to put up with some inconsistencies in the data output from on-line searches.
Trouillogan

Return to Masonic Research