Freemasonry for the 21st century.

Lay out any Complaints and suggestions so we can get to grips with them

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Re: Freemasonry for the 21st century.

Postby The Uninitiated » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Nathan wrote:The Scouting movement in the UK also admit girls as Scouts, the Guides however do not admit boys. The members of both groups voted and it would seem the boys were far more liberal than the girls (42)

When eldest my daughter was approaching the age to join Rainbows (the youngest stage in the Guide Movement) I approached the local District... to be told there was a 2 1/2 year waiting list, as there was a shortage of leaders! I enquired if it made any difference, given that I was willing to help. After a short pause, followed by a sharp intake of breath I was told "we do not have male leaders or helpers in the Guide Movement"

I approached the local Scout District, and daughter was invested into Beavers a few weeks later, and they are VERY grateful for my help!
Andrew
PM of Mercury Lodge No.4581 & PSoj of Mercury Chapter No.4581, Ch.Std of Mid-Wessex LoIM No.8859
MMM/RAM: Camberley No.1131 - WM/WM-elect
A&AR: 30° and MWS of Ferneberga No.1096
RCC: PDivStwd(Surrey), DepCapt DivSG., St George's No.18 (etc)
RSM: Weyside No.277 -+- AMD: Farnham No.235
KT: Agincourt No.517 -+- KTP: Chertsey No.195
The Uninitiated
LRUK Super Member
LRUK Super Member

Postby colineglos » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Getting rid of Outdated websites and such like.
Websites like the one below are better off being DELETED. It shows no one is bothered, and their recent events "info box" gives a date of December 2011!

http://www.oldolavianslodge.org.uk/

(Last web site updated: 27th February 2014 / Recent events 9th Dec 2011).

With the greatest respect to those involved in the above website, these badly designed/updated sites may have looked good back
in the old IBM-PCDOS days, but nowadays does far more harm than good.

S & F
Colin
colineglos
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby Scott1984 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 pm

colineglos wrote:Getting rid of Outdated websites and such like.
Websites like the one below are better off being DELETED. It shows no one is bothered, and their recent events "info box" gives a date of December 2011!

http://www.oldolavianslodge.org.uk/

(Last web site updated: 27th February 2014 / Recent events 9th Dec 2011).

With the greatest respect to those involved in the above website, these badly designed/updated sites may have looked good back
in the old IBM-PCDOS days, but nowadays does far more harm than good.

S & F
Colin
I agree completely. There has been a rush to get on the net but I don’t think many realise the time it takes to maintain an update to date website. Less is more in some cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott1984
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Previous

Return to What can be done to Improve Freemasonry