What would be the correct way to leave my mother lodge ?

Lay out any Complaints and suggestions so we can get to grips with them

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Re: What would be the correct way to leave my mother lodge ?

Postby gord_vokes » Sun May 17, 2015 5:07 pm

Trouillogan wrote:You've certainly voiced a number of concerns there and I believe you are very much of the right attitude.

May I stress that you find your next Lodge first, as has been suggested already, before handing in your resignation. Otherwise your visiting rights will be severely restricted, making it difficult for you to find one you really like.

All good wishes for your Masonic future.

I will second that advice. There is no point in demiting from your Mother Lodge whether or not you are in good standing, if you haven't given serious though to where you want to move onto.

My first experience with this was witnessing a man and Brother who I dearly respect. He stood up in Lodge and told the the WM and other Principle officers that he wished a demit. It was his feeling that sending in a demit request via the Secretary to be read out in Lodge showed cowardice, even if the brother is in good standing if you can't stand before the Brethren of your Lodge and tell them to their faces the rationale of why you had decided it was time to move on.

Let me make this clear; it had NOTHING to do with inter-personality politics or his feelings on some decisions that had been made. We are charged in the Charge after Initiation that we will adhere to the majority of the Brethren of the Lodge in decisions made ( one of several things, well worth reading over and over again and understanding fully) It was time to move on and he so told HIS brethren live with his own voice.

He gained my respect greatly that day and when an occasion came up to a Lodge that I had affiliated with some years after I'd IPR'd In another and Mother Lodge, that I did a similar process with the Lodge I had affiliated with.

Although it wasn't my Mother Lodge, I still felt the Brethren of that Lodge deserved my personal touch and truthful rational. The Lodge had since rebuilt itself and I was no longer required, rather the mentees(word?) that I and some other brethren had coached into a strong Lodge. It was now their ball-game to make it continue and remain strong and viable.
Gord Vokes PDDGM
Lodge Southern Cross, No. 44
Grand Lodge of British Columbia & Yukon
gord_vokes
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Previous

Return to What can be done to Improve Freemasonry