Whats the weirdest thing you saw in Lodge?

Ideas, Information and debate

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Whats the weirdest thing you saw in Lodge?

Postby stedav53 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:36 pm

I refer here to the normal (odd) and the Paranormal (inc Bizarre/weird).

My own example of oddness:
During a Lodge meeting in the North-West of England. we were in the middle of an EA ritual when 6 big busty ladies burst
through the doors - and stood and stared at the scene that greeted them. The inner Guard failed to even challenge the entrants,
and all stood looking at each other in a kind of Mexican Stand off.

One of the women then said "I take this is not Weight Watchers?" and someone casual replied "I dont think so" and the six slowly
backed out of the lodge room and closed the door. The Inner Guard (bless him) was in a total state of shock.

The ritual continued as if nothing had happened....I found out that out the Outer Guard had gone to the toilet, and had become
otherwise engaged... and the 6 ladies had previously been informed that their "WW" meeting had now moved into the Lodge Room.
The whole incident was quickly hushed up and not even mentioned in the minutes.

The poor EA candidate must have thought "what the hell is going on..."

On a more esoteric level, I have seen objects move, including a tracing board literally tilt and fall flat on its face, (even when placed at an angle that should have prevented such a thing happening).

Im sure Brethren have some similar tales of the Unexpected? (19)

S & F
Stephen
stedav53
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: Whats the weirdest thing you saw in Lodge?

Postby Richard George » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:57 pm

Saturday 15 July 1989. A flash storm resulted in the lodge room being flooded. We were in the middle of opening in the 2nd (for a 3rd) when water started pouring under the door. My father (who was acting as Tyler) knocked and opened the door to alert everyone and was standing in the doorway in his bare feet with trousers rolled up. We quickly adjourned the meeting, lifted the carpet and reset everything in the dining room whilst he went home to fetch a submersible pump to get rid of the water. We set up a temporary walkway out of the lodge using chairs so everyone could get out and to transport the lodge furniture in relative safety.

It should have been my 3rd, but due to my friend being unable to be present in the May, I did my third a meeting early. He said that he spotted people opposite him in the room nudging each other, looked down thinking he was standing wrong only to see water swirling round his feet.
Richard George
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby Trouillogan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Richard, a great story! I'm sure the lodge was not 'adjourned' and that the secretary would be well aware of rule 137, otherwise return of the warrant could have been on the cards!
Trouillogan

Postby Richard George » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 pm

I'll rephrase that... we suspended the meeting whilst deciding what to do, and carried on where we left off once everything had been moved and setup in the dining room.

Just realized I forgot to mention it was my friend's 3rd (he'd been away for the May meeting, hence the change). Either way, it was still a memorable meeting - but not for the usual reasons!
Richard George

Postby Trouillogan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 pm

Must be getting soft - many are the minutes I've read of London lodges in the blitz when bombs were falling, power fails, windows blown in, roofs damaged and yet the lodge carries on serenely through its ceremonial and business agenda!
Trouillogan

Postby Richard George » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:08 am

Ah, isn't it also said that if it's not in the minutes it didn't happen? Which is not to say it didn't....
Richard George

Postby Peter Taylor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 am

stedav53 wrote:I refer here to the normal (odd) and the Paranormal (inc Bizarre/weird).

My own example of oddness:
During a Lodge meeting in the North-West of England. we were in the middle of an EA ritual when 6 big busty ladies burst
through the doors - and stood and stared at the scene that greeted them. The inner Guard failed to even challenge the entrants,
and all stood looking at each other in a kind of Mexican Stand off.

One of the women then said "I take this is not Weight Watchers?" and someone casual replied "I dont think so" and the six slowly
backed out of the lodge room and closed the door. The Inner Guard (bless him) was in a total state of shock.

The ritual continued as if nothing had happened....I found out that out the Outer Guard had gone to the toilet, and had become
otherwise engaged... and the 6 ladies had previously been informed that their "WW" meeting had now moved into the Lodge Room.
The whole incident was quickly hushed up and not even mentioned in the minutes.

The poor EA candidate must have thought "what the hell is going on..."

On a more esoteric level, I have seen objects move, including a tracing board literally tilt and fall flat on its face, (even when placed at an angle that should have prevented such a thing happening).

Im sure Brethren have some similar tales of the Unexpected? (19)

S & F
Stephen

Where was the Tyler?
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stevecoath » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:37 am

OP has now left the forum but I believe he said the Tyler or Outer Guard had gone to the toilet.
PM Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
MM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; Gladsmuir RAM 367; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Jacques de Molay KT 670: Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440;
Stevecoath
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member

Postby Peter Taylor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:48 am

Stevecoath wrote:OP has now left the forum but I believe he said the Tyler or Outer Guard had gone to the toilet.

Still not doing his job then?
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby eckywan2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:58 am

Naw too busy doing a jobby
sorry it just had to be said
eckywan2

Return to General Interest and Discussion