Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Ideas, Information and debate

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby stedav53 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Can one hold membership of these organisation's, without contravening Rule 176 of the UGLE constitutions?
I am fully aware (as most Brethren no doubt are), that the link between Freemasonry and Orangism is a very
close one.

S & F
Stephen
User avatar
stedav53
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:15 pm
Location: Account Closed

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby eric384 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:53 pm

There is no link whatsoever between Freemasonry and the Orange Order.
Eric Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth
User avatar
eric384
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby eckywan2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:17 am

Aye thats right! Not.
Many many members of LOL are also our brethren
Last Thursday at least 2 got Grand Lodge honours at GL installation
and thats only the ones whose names I recognised
Also Our PGL of Edinburgh PGM and new SUB GM of GLoS are very involved members of LOL

That does not mean there is any official link
but I know nothing of UGLE regs
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby stedav53 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:33 am

eric384 wrote:There is no link whatsoever between Freemasonry and the Orange Order.


I know there is no direct link, but in fact I was refering to the ‘Battle of the Diamond' where three local freemasons, James Wilson, Dan Winter, and James Sloan, established the LOL institution. It is this aspect of closeness I was refering to.

S & F
Stephen
User avatar
stedav53
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:15 pm
Location: Account Closed

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby stedav53 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:38 am

eckywan2 wrote:Aye thats right! Not.
Many many members of LOL are also our brethren
Last Thursday at least 2 got Grand Lodge honours at GL installation
and thats only the ones whose names I recognised
Also Our PGL of Edinburgh PGM and new SUB GM of GLoS are very involved members of LOL

That does not mean there is any official link
but I know nothing of UGLE regs


Thank you "Eckywan2" for the reply I was looking for.
Seems that the GLoS are more shall we say "sympathetic" to our Loyalist brothers than UGLE.
Have a great weekend.

S & F
Stephen
User avatar
stedav53
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:15 pm
Location: Account Closed

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby eckywan2 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Aye but naw
Im a Scot first
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby admin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:53 pm

It has nothing to do with like or dislike.

The Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland is a Prodestant only order and that does not fit with the recognision rules. You must accept all no matter what Religion.

And there is the Juristiction rule. Only one Grand Lodge in each Country. The UGLE already is in amnity with Grand Lodge of Ireland.
To the best of my Knowledge I do not think GLoS recognises the Orange Order either but I stand to be correted if anyone wishes to show me.
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6907
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby Peter Taylor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:28 am

admin wrote:To the best of my Knowledge I do not think GLoS recognises the Orange Order either but I stand to be correted if anyone wishes to show me.

It doesn't!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
User avatar
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby eckywan2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:41 pm

So whay are so many Grand Lodge in LOL
like new Sub GM
PGM of Edinburgh and
latest hon G L almoner is no 1 is LOL Scotland
( Im not a member and dont know official rank)
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby stedav53 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Peter Taylor wrote:
admin wrote:To the best of my Knowledge I do not think GLoS recognises the Orange Order either but I stand to be correted if anyone wishes to show me.

It doesn't!


I know of a couple of Brethren who are also LOL, I think that they had to provide a Baptism cert to show they were of the Reformed Faith, and some of the Rituals of the other organisations seems similar to our own.

S & F
Stephen
User avatar
stedav53
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:15 pm
Location: Account Closed

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby eckywan2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 am

In these days of equality..... i also know some Catholic brethren , including two priests
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby Peter Taylor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:32 am

stedav53 wrote:
Peter Taylor wrote:
admin wrote:To the best of my Knowledge I do not think GLoS recognises the Orange Order either but I stand to be correted if anyone wishes to show me.

It doesn't!


I know of a couple of Brethren who are also LOL, I think that they had to provide a Baptism cert to show they were of the Reformed Faith, and some of the Rituals of the other organisations seems similar to our own.

S & F
Stephen


I know several Freemasons who are member of LOL, but the GLOS still doesn't Recognise it; which was the question posed.
However, the GLOS doesn't proscribe it either!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
User avatar
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby MrBenn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm

eckywan2 wrote:So whay are so many Grand Lodge in LOL
like new Sub GM
PGM of Edinburgh and
latest hon G L almoner is no 1 is LOL Scotland
( Im not a member and dont know official rank)


They could also be members of the Tufty Club - wouldn't mean there was any link or recognition
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."

mail me : mrbenn@lodgeroomuk.com
User avatar
MrBenn
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:43 am

Re: Orange, Purple, and Black (LOL/RAP/RBI)

Postby eckywan2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:00 pm

I used to train Tuftys !
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland


Return to General Interest and Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests