Grand College Of Rites

Ideas, Information and debate

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Grand College Of Rites

Postby aprado » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:08 am

Brethren All,

Recently came across this american masonic body and, have seen the substantial collection of dormant and defunct rites that they have in there possession which is circulated amongst its members. Are there any members of this body on this forum? is so, what is the quality of the collection? are most of the rites complete in form and do they contain all information required to work the rites?

i do hope they allow members from the UK!!

Website for those interested: http://grandcollegeofrites.org/
I have desired to do good
But i have not desired to make noise
Because i have felt that noise did no good
And that good made no noise.
-LCDSM
aprado
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: Grand College Of Rites

Postby MBC » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:00 pm

aprado wrote:Brethren All,

Recently came across this american masonic body and, have seen the substantial collection of dormant and defunct rites that they have in there possession which is circulated amongst its members. Are there any members of this body on this forum? is so, what is the quality of the collection? are most of the rites complete in form and do they contain all information required to work the rites?

i do hope they allow members from the UK!!

Website for those interested: http://grandcollegeofrites.org/

Would like to know as well! (35) (21)
W.Bro. & V.W.Fra. Ben. C.
MBC
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: Grand College Of Rites

Postby Stevecoath » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:15 pm

After its formation several other Masonic organizations also transferred their final authority into the bosom of the GCR, making it the only regular Masonic body in the United States with authority over the Rites of Memphis, Misraim, the Free and Accepted Architects, and more.

Emphasis on bold is mine.
Some of these rites exist outside of the US and are still in existence especially in South America. Therefore if you managed to join and then worked one of the rites they hold you may be stepping on some very big toes.
I may be doing them a disservice but I believe one of the reasons the GCOR has this authority is to stop anyone else using them, much the same as if say, UGLE were to obtain the Warrant of the Mark and not allow it to be worked.
PM Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
MM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; Gladsmuir RAM 367; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Jacques de Molay KT 670: Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440;
Stevecoath
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member

Return to General Interest and Discussion