Ritual Books

Ideas, Information and debate

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Ritual Books

Postby mozi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm looking for a pocket ritual book, appropriate for the Scottish Constitution.

My father always referred to his DM Goudielock ritual which comprised of 4 x small pocket books (EA, FC, MM & Mark), however I'm struggling to find that format online so far.

I note that the LodgeroomUK Store has a DM Goudielock ritual book but it appears to only be EA/FC/MM & doesn't indicate if it is the pocket version?

Any advice appreciated.
Lodge Firth of Clyde Gourock No. 626
User avatar
mozi
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Gourock

Re: Ritual Books

Postby eric384 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Millennium Mark have the four parts in one book on their website. The four small pocket books that slip into a case haven't been done for years and Alex who owns MM says the chances of it being republished in that format vary from remote to non existent.
Eric Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth
User avatar
eric384
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Ritual Books

Postby mozi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:06 am

eric384 wrote:Millennium Mark have the four parts in one book on their website. The four small pocket books that slip into a case haven't been done for years and Alex who owns MM says the chances of it being republished in that format vary from remote to non existent.


Thanks Eric. Millennium Mark was one of the few places I found the 4-in-1 version. I had suspected that the individual version may have been discontinued. Appreciate your help Brother.
Lodge Firth of Clyde Gourock No. 626
User avatar
mozi
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Gourock

Re: Ritual Books

Postby admin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:11 pm

If it is the one published by Lewis Masonic

http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/pro ... ucts_id=13

Description
This volume Includes the Scottish Goudielock version of the Three Degrees of Craft Freemasonry.

I pay for this and a number of other sites and no disrespect to MM. But when I am asked 'how can we support your efforts Bill' my answer is just help by buying from lodgeroom when you can.

Dont pay more if you can get the same thing cheaper but just think before you leap to another seller.

Now if it is a different book, then forget I said anything.

What made me speak up is if you go to Google and type in [Scottish Goudielock version of the Three Degrees of Craft Freemasonry] the above comes out as number 3 on the list. No 1 on the list is my add on Abebooks
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/Goudielock-R ... 9449272/bd
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6907
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Ritual Books

Postby eric384 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Bill

I fully support what you do, but the original question was about the four in one booklets which are individual and go into a slip case. The really old ones have a cardboard type cover and the slip case is of a similar material. The one I got in the 1980s the cover and case are plastic. The advantage of these was that you could give the initiate book "A", then book "B" after his second, book "C" after his third, then finally book "D" after his Mark. If the currently published book has the Mark in it, then it's the closest the OP will get because there's virtually no chance of the separate books making a comeback.
Eric Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth
User avatar
eric384
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: West Yorkshire

Re: Ritual Books

Postby mozi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:10 pm

admin wrote:If it is the one published by Lewis Masonic

http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/pro ... ucts_id=13

Description
This volume Includes the Scottish Goudielock version of the Three Degrees of Craft Freemasonry.

I pay for this and a number of other sites and no disrespect to MM. But when I am asked 'how can we support your efforts Bill' my answer is just help by buying from lodgeroom when you can.

Dont pay more if you can get the same thing cheaper but just think before you leap to another seller.

Now if it is a different book, then forget I said anything.

What made me speak up is if you go to Google and type in [Scottish Goudielock version of the Three Degrees of Craft Freemasonry] the above comes out as number 3 on the list. No 1 on the list is my add on Abebooks
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/Goudielock-R ... 9449272/bd


Thanks Bill.

My first port of call was the LodgeroomUK store, however I am specifically looking for a ritual that includes the Goudielock working of the Mark ceremonial as well as the 3 x craft degrees (the reason being that I get a bit rusty on the Mark Degree ritual as it is only worked once a year in my Mother Lodge).

As Eric has mentioned, my preference was for the 4 x separate booklets that could be removed from the sleeve & referred to on a degree-by-degree basis, however it looks unlikely that I will be able to obtain one of these.

Appreciate your help & will support the LodgeroomUK store wherever possible.
Lodge Firth of Clyde Gourock No. 626
User avatar
mozi
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Gourock

Re: Ritual Books

Postby admin » Tue May 02, 2017 5:10 pm

I was not confident about the contents of the book
Image

http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/pro ... ucts_id=13

So I had a chat with the sales Director of Lewis he confirmed that the 4 books are in the one shown.

Including the Mark section.

So if you buy the book [from wherever] and find its not there I will be happy to give you his details and you can go beat him up.
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6907
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Ritual Books

Postby mozi » Wed May 03, 2017 7:48 pm

admin wrote:I was not confident about the contents of the book
Image

http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/pro ... ucts_id=13

So I had a chat with the sales Director of Lewis he confirmed that the 4 books are in the one shown.

Including the Mark section.

So if you buy the book [from wherever] and find its not there I will be happy to give you his details and you can go beat him up.


Thanks for making further enquiries Bill.

I placed an order with Millennium Mark a couple of days ago.

Perhaps the descriptions on the other outlets could be updated to reflect the inclusion of the Mark ritual as well as the 3 x Craft degrees? That way there's no confusion over what is included.

Appreciate your help Brother.
Lodge Firth of Clyde Gourock No. 626
User avatar
mozi
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Gourock

Re: Ritual Books

Postby admin » Thu May 04, 2017 12:45 pm

With books the ISBN number should tell you the exact edition.
The Lewis published book is

ISBN: 9780853183372

If the ISBN is the same the content should be the same. If you can confirm such I can pass on to Martin the Sales director of Lewis.
Their description says.
This volume Includes the Scottish Goudielock version of the Three Degrees of Craft Freemasonry.

Which as you say could be missleading.
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6907
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Ritual Books

Postby mozi » Fri May 05, 2017 6:15 am

Will check this when the book arrives Bill & will let you know.
Lodge Firth of Clyde Gourock No. 626
User avatar
mozi
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Gourock

Re: Ritual Books

Postby admin » Fri May 05, 2017 10:06 am

Yes it will be interesting . In theory each book should have a seperate distinct ISBN number
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6907
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Ritual Books

Postby admin » Wed May 10, 2017 10:37 pm

As a result of this discussion you will find now that Lewis and Lodgeroom have changed the book description to include

The MARK degree
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6907
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: Ritual Books

Postby mozi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:59 am

admin wrote:Yes it will be interesting . In theory each book should have a seperate distinct ISBN number


Hi Bill,

First time back on the forum for a while.

The ISBN No is 978 0 85318 337 2 - identical to the one you provided.

It's a small hardback containing EA, FC, MM & Mark rituals. An excellent wee book!

Thanks again for your help & happy the description has been clarified for other potential buyers.
Lodge Firth of Clyde Gourock No. 626
User avatar
mozi
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Gourock


Return to General Interest and Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron