Page 1 of 1

Interesting: amalgamation the 3 lodges

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:20 am
by admin
On Wednesday 21st September the amalgamation between the 3 historic lodges will be held at the Freemasons Hall, Cheshire View, Plough Lane, Christleton.

The Lodge of Sincerity was consecrated on 15th September 1836 and numbered as No. 620 in the Register of Grand Lodge. The lodge sponsor was Cestrian Lodge No. 425 from Chester.
There were clearly connections with the Trade and Navigation Lodge as six of the founders of the Lodge of Sincerity were originally members of that Lodge. The Lodge was renumbered in 1863 and became No. 428.
Lodge meetings were originally held at the Angel Hotel in Northwich. The last meeting held there was in January 1909.

Semper Fidelis lodge 3453, initially named Brandrith Lodge, was consecrated at the Castle School of Music in Northwich in August 1910. John Brunner Lodge No. 2799 sponsored the Lodge. The founder members were Northwich businessmen who were either members of John Brunner or Wolseley Lodge No. 1993, the latter lodge meeting in Manchester.
Resulting from an unfortunate matter concerning charity records, the Lodge name was changed in 1920 from Brandrith to Semper Fidelis, the number 3453 being retained.
From 1918 the Lodge met at St Helens Church Institute until moving to the Northwich Victoria Club in 1962.

Sinceritas Lodge No. 4934 was consecrated in October 1927 with 13 of its 19 founder members being members of the Lodge of Sincerity No. 428, 4 from Semper Fidelis No. 3453, 1 from John Brunner Lodge No. 2799 and 1 from Lodge No. 1219.
Sinceritas’ Lodge 75th anniversary was celebrated in October 2002.

Info to attend on the web site ... september/