Prince Michael of Kent Lodge

Ideas, Information and debate

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Prince Michael of Kent Lodge

Postby kingofthecut » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:16 pm

I, as ProvGStwd designate for Middlesex was invited to attend the Prince Michael of Kent Lodge on Monday. PMK is the Grand Stewards Lodge for Middlesex.

It was fantastic! It was an Installation and the three addresses were made by a previous Pro Provincial Grand Master, the present Pro Provincial Grand Master and the Pro Provincial Grand Master elect who shall be installed in a few weeks. I think they dined nearly 150.

What struck me most though was the greetings given to various visiting dignitaries as I think there were 7 or 8 provinces represented by their Masters and Secretaries always in pairs that had obviously had to journey from their home towns but surely I presume also reciprocate and visit various other provinces at such meetings? Many faces I knew from various dealings but it did bring home to me the time and effort and of course also expense that many many of these Masons put in to the craft to all our benefit. I think perhaps we underestimate this some times?!

Having said that obviously the first thing that happened when I walked into the building was £20 was taken off me for a new Provincial tie and badge but that is all par for the course I guess! There was me thinking at my initiation I was told 'Masonry was free'!

All the best,

Drew
Andrew D.J.Burge ProvGStwd
Secretary, The Middlesex Century 5837

The Middlesex Century 5837 WM 2010/12
Prince Michael of Kent Lodge 9120
Grand Junction Lodge 9775
Northwick Chapter 5020 MEZ 2012/14
St Georges Rose Croix No. 42
kingofthecut
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member