The beginning of the end of Lockdown?

Ideas, Information and debate

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

The beginning of the end of Lockdown?

Postby The Uninitiated » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:55 pm

I appreciate that this is only one Province's position, but I assume it has been vetted "on high"

Lifting of Restrictions
Following the recent Government announcement, we now have some clarity on the timescales for lifting Coronavirus restrictions. The Province remains in suspension following the notice in Bulletin 16 on 2nd December 2020 (including the Isle of Wight), however subject to any unforeseen changes in Government policy, we expect the following timetable to apply to lodge openings:

i. From step 3, which is not earlier than 17th May, we are allowed to meet indoors following the rule of 6. This means from this step we can resume meetings and dinners (under the rule of 6).
ii. From step 4, which is not earlier than 21st June, all COVID restrictions are removed. This means that normal meetings and dinners may resume without any restrictions.

The Deputy Provincial Grand Masters in Charge for both Craft and Royal Arch, under their implied powers, will therefore lift the suspension from 17th May to allow meetings within the above government guidelines.

Full details of the Government’s ‘Roadmap out of Lockdown’ can be found at the following link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 21-summary

For info, following the retirements of both the PGM and PGS we have Deputies in Charge as they have not been "officially" installed in their new roles.
Andrew
PM of Mercury Lodge No.4581 & PSoj of Mercury Chapter No.4581, Ch.Std of Mid-Wessex LoIM No.8859
MMM/RAM: Camberley No.1131 - WM/WM-elect
A&AR: 30° and MWS of Ferneberga No.1096
RCC: PDivStwd(Surrey), DepCapt DivSG., St George's No.18 (etc)
RSM: Weyside No.277 -+- AMD: Farnham No.235
KT: Agincourt No.517 -+- KTP: Chertsey No.195
The Uninitiated
LRUK Super Member
LRUK Super Member

Re: The beginning of the end of Lockdown?

Postby Trouillogan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:37 am

I take it then, that this has all been negotiated with the virus and its future offspring, with its full agreement?
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby The Uninitiated » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:46 am

For those Orders administered from Mark Masons Hall, the road ahead (for England, anyway) is cleared:

Following the UK Prime Minister’s recent progress update on the roadmap to exit lockdown in England, we have been considering our strategy for a resumption of meetings, while maintaining our commitment to create options which reflect local conditions and accommodate the different needs of our members.

It is important to emphasise that you should only return to meetings when government guidance permits and when you feel it is right for you. No Brother should feel coerced into resuming their masonic activities prematurely.

From 17 May 2021
Units in all Orders will be permitted to hold meetings of up to SIX people subject to government restrictions that may be in force and if the local Head of Order is content to lift the local suspension. This may be agreed on a Centre by Centre basis to reflect the fact that some venues will remain closed for the time being. Separate guidance on ceremonies permitted to be conducted in such meetings will follow shortly.

Larger gatherings of up to THIRTY people may be permitted at venues that have carried out a risk assessment, considered all relevant government guidance and taken all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of transmission. In such cases, the maximum permitted attendance may be restricted to less than thirty if the risk assessment identifies a lower maximum capacity to be appropriate.

In all cases, dining may resume but will be restricted to groups of up to SIX people.

From 21 June 2021
All Units shall be permitted to return to meeting as normal.

Units that cannot resume meeting because the members have indicated they do not wish to do so at this time or are prevented from doing so because their meeting place is not open, may continue to make use of the Virtual Business Meeting scheme until it is possible to recommence physical meetings.

It is not yet clear what restrictions or government guidance will replace existing measures but as soon as these are known, we will issue an update.
Andrew
PM of Mercury Lodge No.4581 & PSoj of Mercury Chapter No.4581, Ch.Std of Mid-Wessex LoIM No.8859
MMM/RAM: Camberley No.1131 - WM/WM-elect
A&AR: 30° and MWS of Ferneberga No.1096
RCC: PDivStwd(Surrey), DepCapt DivSG., St George's No.18 (etc)
RSM: Weyside No.277 -+- AMD: Farnham No.235
KT: Agincourt No.517 -+- KTP: Chertsey No.195
The Uninitiated
LRUK Super Member
LRUK Super Member

Postby Peter Dowling » Fri May 21, 2021 1:42 pm

I have a Craft Installation meeting next week for my London Lodge under the rule of 6. We are going to meet locally (we have dispensation) to Install a new W.M., and he will appoint/reappoint officers inc me as Sec. This is in preparation for our regular meeting at G.Q.S. London which will be our 150th Anniversary of the Lodge.
As I will be Secretary, a busy planning and organising time ahead.
On top of this and before this anniversary meeting in Sept, I am being Installed in the chair of AMD and RAM for the first time and Mark for the 4th time.
Looking forward to it all.
What about everyone else?
Craft 8945 Kent PM. PPGStdB
Craft 1361 London PM. LGR. Sec.
R.A. 8945
MMM 152 PM, 378 PM, 767 PM, 2031 Founder.
Kent Installed MMM 999 Tyler.
Kent MMM Stewards 1691 Tyler.
MMM Kent ProvGTyler, PProvGSD
RAM 380 WC, 152 WC.
RAM Installed Commanders 999 Tyler.
R.S.M. 180
AMD 99 P.M. ProvGIG
OSM 188, 358 PProvGStdB
S.C. 36 TI. ProvGWarder
Athelstan
Peter Dowling

Return to General Interest and Discussion