Hello

COME AND SAY HELLO.
This should be your first stop. Let us know you're here and something about yourself.

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Hello

Postby Scott1984 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:56 pm

Evening all, been a lurker on the forum for a while and thought it about time I said hello! Been a MM for about three years originally in Bristol but now in Gloucestershire. Previously been IG and JD but now hold no office having just joined a new lodge due to moving for work requirements. S&F


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott1984
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Hello

Postby Steve Treacle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:30 pm

A warm welcome from Sussex, Bro!
Ordo ab chao.
Steve Treacle
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:01 pm
Location: East Sussex

Re: Hello

Postby Lloyd Wiebe » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:58 pm

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your time spent here.
User avatar
Lloyd Wiebe
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 1428
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:27 am
Location: Cambridge Ontario

Re: Hello

Postby P471 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 pm

Welcome to the forum Scott.
Can I ask are you in The Gloucestershire Light Blues Club?
S&F
Paul

SW & Master Elect - Silurian Lodge No. 471
Asst. Sec. - Universities Lodge No. 5461
J & H Elect - Silurian Chapter No. 471
Treasurer - St. Mary's RCC No. 1010
User avatar
P471
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Hello

Postby Peter Taylor » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 am

A warm welcome to LRUK!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, Proxy Master 1371 SC, Zambia: Associate 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
PZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RW Mark Master: RAM, CC: AASR 18° PMWS, 30° GC: SRIS 9° Secretary-General: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
User avatar
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18604
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Re: Hello

Postby Scott1984 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 am

P471 wrote:Welcome to the forum Scott.
Can I ask are you in The Gloucestershire Light Blues Club?
I’m not, I did notice in the yearbook there was a short note with some contact details. I was previously in the Dunkerleys in Bristol in its first few years which has been quite successful I think. Are there regular meet ups now in Gloucestershire?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott1984
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Hello

Postby P471 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Scott1984 wrote:I’m not, I did notice in the yearbook there was a short note with some contact details. I was previously in the Dunkerleys in Bristol in its first few years which has been quite successful I think. Are there regular meet ups now in Gloucestershire?

I’m not sure about the meet ups sorry, I am currently the Chairman of the Monmouthshire Light Blues Club and we have arranged a fraternal visit for the New & Young Masons Clubs of our neighbouring Provinces. I can’t find any contact details anywhere for Gloucestershire Light Blues so if you do have any I would be most thankful
S&F
Paul

SW & Master Elect - Silurian Lodge No. 471
Asst. Sec. - Universities Lodge No. 5461
J & H Elect - Silurian Chapter No. 471
Treasurer - St. Mary's RCC No. 1010
User avatar
P471
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Hello

Postby wayne cowley » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 pm

A very warm welcome from me too

Wayne
PM Hamlet of Van Lodge 8334 UGLE (Caerphilly - South Wales); PZ Hamlet of Van Chapter 8334
PM, Caerffili MMM 1348; PCN, Caerffili RAM 1348; St Teilo Chapter A&AR 789; Brangwyn SRIA 75;
Castell Caerffili OSM 466; Fforest KT 582: Merthyr Tydfil R&SM 120, Athelstan 53; Dyfrig Sant RCC 295; Salem KTP 100; OSC 21 TI; SToA 31; AMD 53; Operatives, ROS
User avatar
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14407
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:08 pm
Location: Newport, Wales, UK

Re: Hello

Postby Scott1984 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:43 pm

P471 wrote:
Scott1984 wrote:I’m not, I did notice in the yearbook there was a short note with some contact details. I was previously in the Dunkerleys in Bristol in its first few years which has been quite successful I think. Are there regular meet ups now in Gloucestershire?

I’m not sure about the meet ups sorry, I am currently the Chairman of the Monmouthshire Light Blues Club and we have arranged a fraternal visit for the New & Young Masons Clubs of our neighbouring Provinces. I can’t find any contact details anywhere for Gloucestershire Light Blues so if you do have any I would be most thankful
Ah ok, I will send you the details that are in our yearbook. There is also a twitter account for the glos light blues which may be useful (@gloslightblues) although it has gone a bit quiet recently.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott1984
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Hello

Postby Scott1984 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Many thanks for the welcome all. Looking forward to using the site a bit more proactively.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott1984
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Hello

Postby P471 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Scott1984 wrote:Ah ok, I will send you the details that are in our yearbook. There is also a twitter account for the glos light blues which may be useful (@gloslightblues) although it has gone a bit quiet recently.

Thank you, appreciated. I have sent them a tweet but no reply. Many thanks
S&F
Paul

SW & Master Elect - Silurian Lodge No. 471
Asst. Sec. - Universities Lodge No. 5461
J & H Elect - Silurian Chapter No. 471
Treasurer - St. Mary's RCC No. 1010
User avatar
P471
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Hello

Postby Scott1984 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:34 pm

Details sent. Hopefully of some use.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott1984
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Hello

Postby Mike Martin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Welcome aboard.
User avatar
Mike Martin
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:22 pm
Location: Kent or London

Re: Hello

Postby Peter Dowling » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:16 am

Welcome to LRUK.
Craft 8945 East Kent, PPGStdB
Craft 1361 London PM
R.A. 8945
MMM 152, 378, 767, 999, 1691, PProvGSD, ProvGTyler.
RAM 152, 380.
OSM 358 P.S.R
S.C. 36 TI
AMD 99
Athelstan

Mark Well.
Peter
User avatar
Peter Dowling
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 7060
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: East Kent

Re: Hello

Postby eckywan2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Welcome Scott from sunny Leith
Nice to see an oldie Paul 471
asking newbies for info !
that's what the site is for mair light !
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Hello

Postby Scott1984 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:08 pm

Many thanks all.

Eckywan - I lived in Edinburgh years ago on the maroon side!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott1984
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Hello

Postby eckywan2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks Paul
My lodge is in Leith
I love using the Swahili word for greeting ( as in welcome ,no Scots for crying)
which is of course Jambo
apologies to others
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Hello

Postby Scott1984 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 pm

P471 wrote:
Scott1984 wrote:Ah ok, I will send you the details that are in our yearbook. There is also a twitter account for the glos light blues which may be useful (@gloslightblues) although it has gone a bit quiet recently.

Thank you, appreciated. I have sent them a tweet but no reply. Many thanks
Did you ever get a response? I never did so I wonder if the light blues have not been very proactive. Quiet obviously over the summer but I will take it up during he new Masonic year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott1984
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 pm


Return to Landing Pad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests