Getting Clearance

COME AND SAY HELLO.
This should be your first stop. Let us know you're here and something about yourself.

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Getting Clearance

Postby charles1971 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:55 pm

I have been out off the game for some time as i had a lot of personal problems ie lost my son and my dad in the space of 3 months.so never paid dues or attended my mother lodge. I now live abroad and would like to join a lodge near to where I stay but all my letters to my mother lodge have fallen on deaf ears.

I am a good and upstanding person and have always helped my fellow masons when ever they needed my help

Can anyone tell me how I can overcome this problem?

I am willing to pay back dues to get a clearance cert to join another lodge

Kind Regards
charles1971

Re: Getting Clearance

Postby Peter Taylor » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Hello Charles, welcome to LRUK!
You don't say to which Constitution you belong. Can you let me know if it is Scottish and I'm sure I can point you in the right direction... other wise there are are plenty here that will help too!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:47 am

I have had some experience with this issue.

Under UGLE
A little known fact is that a Lodge can accept a member as a joining member without a clearance certificate, however that Lodge then has to take on any dues debt of the joining member to his earlier or maybe his Mother Lodge. Just been through this here in the UK.

I would say the other possible way forward is to contact the Grand Lodge and expalin the position. I have found UGLE to be great in cases of problems and as soon as they realise your genuine they will sort out what is required.

The problem may just be that the details you have, address etc. have changed.

i can not speak for other Grand Lodges and I am no expert so always check the BOC when someone says something.
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby charles1971 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Peter

sorry I am from a Scottish Lodge
charles1971

Postby charles1971 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi Peter

sorry I am from a Scottish Lodge
charles1971

Postby charles1971 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi Peter can you yell me if Grand Lodge Scotland have an email address as I now live in Spain and would have to email for quicknesss

Once again thank you for the help and advise

Charles
charles1971

Postby Peter Taylor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi Charles,

You will indeed need a clearance certificate from your Lodge. The Lodge Secretary can supply that.

However, you will need to be a in good standing in order for the Lodge Secretary to do that. If you're a Life Member then that shouldn't be a problem. If you have defaulted, in other words not paid your Test Fees for more than 2 years, you will need to pay your Dues to become in good standing; currently you will need to pay 2 years + the current years fees. So, you will have to contact your Lodge to find out how much the current Annual Dues are and settle the appropriate amount.

If you are intending joining a foreign Lodge it'd be a good idea to ask your Lodge to supply you a letter of introduction as well.

Of course if you're not getting any response from your Lodge, you will perhaps need to contact the GLoS http://www.grandlodgescotland.com/

If you PM me with some details I may be able to help in the background,

Hope this helps!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Landing Pad