Hello everyone

COME AND SAY HELLO.
This should be your first stop. Let us know you're here and something about yourself.

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Hello everyone

Postby pilgrim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:35 am

Hi, my name is Jason and I live out Cheltenham way. I am not a mason but have quite a deep interest in freemasonry. I first came across it in a book called "The Magic of Obelisks" by Peter Tompkins, and was instantly fascinated with the subject. This is many years ago now and i have continued my interest.

I will not be applying for entrance into the fraternity, partly due to a past criminal record, but mainly due to not being able top attend any meetings due to long term physical illness. My criminal past, though not of the more serious kind, is thankfully 20 years behind me now and I have done much to improve myself as a person.

Strange, maybe just to me and perhaps I'm seeing angles that aren't here, but only recently have i felt that Freemasonry has always been in my life. My first primary school is now a lodge; my second name begins with M and if you swap it with the J of my first name you have Mason J...perhaps I'm stretching it? In secondary school my tech drawing teacher reported that i was the best technical drawer the school had ever had (i say this as a matter of fact only). It seems the square and compass may have been part of my life since it's inception. I hesitate to say this, as re-incarnation is an idea that I have no absolute belief or notion of, but if it were so then I'd guess that I've been connected to Freemasaonry in other lives.

Whilst I'm pretty sure there is a "higher" benevolent intelligence at work in the universe, i'm an agnostic at heart...more as a way to keep my spiritual aspect grounded and to keep myself open and critical of my own fancies. So I have no concrete beliefs. I enjoy what I see as the Perrenial wisdom of Buddha, Jesus and the other great sages of history.

Recently I have been reading the "Buddha's Way of Virtue", and have been particularly struck by it, as it strikes me as being from the horse's mouth so to speak. http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/wov/wov05.htm a couple of quotes I like, "5. Never does hatred cease by hating; by not hating does it cease: this is the ancient law.". Also:: "353. "All conquering and all knowing am I, detached, untainted, untrammelled, wholly freed by destruction of desire. Whom shall I call Teacher? Myself found the way."

To me, Freemasonry has been instrumental in the realisation of free speech and freedon of religion. I see that as the heart of it. I like too the notion of adhering to the law of the land and feel that the real anarchist is the man who does not need governing. I have done much to try and put right the unfortuntate misunderstandings and mis-representations of freemasonry on youtube and the wider world. I mean if you're spreading free speech and religion, during a time when such activities invited torture, you might want to be a little secretive. Not that this is the only activity, if I'm even right here.

Some general interests are organic farming, nutrition, complimentary therapy, hip hop, classical music, pop, tai chi, yoga, nature, reading to name a few. Healthwise I've have M.E. and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity for 15 years. I have learnt much from it and nearly recovered a couple of times and still feel I can. I should add that I have some mild personality disorders that seem to be tied up with my illness. I'm quite cold emotionally and communicating is sometimes hit and miss.

I'm not sure if there is a place fror me here but I was moved to connect. All the best, Jason.
""There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."" -J Krishnamurti. The Electric Universe & Mythological Cosmology https://youtu.be/t7EAlTcZFwY This member is not a Mason, but a fan of Freemasonry.
pilgrim
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Peter Taylor » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:46 am

A warm welcome to LRUK! Looking forward to your comments!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Welcome
Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby wayne cowley » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:36 pm

A very warm welcome from me too

Wayne
PM Hamlet of Van Lodge 8334 UGLE (Caerphilly - South Wales); PZ Hamlet of Van Chapter 8334
PM, Caerffili MMM 1348; PCN, Caerffili RAM 1348; St Teilo Chapter A&AR 789; Brangwyn SRIA 75;
Castell Caerffili OSM 466; Fforest KT 582: Merthyr Tydfil R&SM 120, Athelstan 53; Dyfrig Sant RCC 295; Salem KTP 100; OSC 21 TI; SToA 31; AMD 53; Operatives, ROS
wayne cowley
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby allan0406 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:58 pm

A warm welcome Jason from me on Merseyside
Allan Hore,
Worshipful Master
MM Bootle Pilgrim Lodge 1473,
Comp RA Bootle Chapter 1473
West Lancs Province
Mark Master
Bootle Mark Lodge No 478
WLMM

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world."
Mahatma Ghandi
allan0406
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby McClef » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:21 am

Welcome Jason, you do not have to be a Mason to enjoy discussions and points of common interest.

Hope you enjoy it here.
Trefor Heywood
An Exile in the Wilderness

It's coming yet for a' that,
That Man to Man, the world o'er,
Shall brothers be for a' that.
McClef

Postby Shaun127 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Jason,

A warm welcome from sunny Kent. And thank you for a most interesting introduction.

I look forward to reading more of your contributions on here.
Shaun127
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow

Postby pilgrim » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:44 pm

Hi, if admin will delete this post if they deem it innappropriate in any way.

Admin note - Happy to oblige - post content removed as irrelevant to the forum

Mr Benn
""There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."" -J Krishnamurti. The Electric Universe & Mythological Cosmology https://youtu.be/t7EAlTcZFwY This member is not a Mason, but a fan of Freemasonry.
pilgrim
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Return to Landing Pad