Attendance on Lodge Summons

COME AND SAY HELLO.
This should be your first stop. Let us know you're here and something about yourself.

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Re: Attendance on Lodge Summons

Postby Chestnut » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:42 pm

Richard George wrote:
Chestnut wrote:1st Degree Charge

Your Obedience......prompt attention to all signs and summonses.

2nd Degree Charge

You are to duly honour and obey all regular signs and summonses given and received.

'Without detriment to yourself or connections' takes precedence IMHO.

Consider this situation quoted his non attendance has nothing to do with either of those.
Chestnut
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby Peter Taylor » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Richard George wrote:'Without detriment to yourself or connections' takes precedence IMHO.

Whatever detriment means?
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kaiser » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Has anybody actually asked him why he wants to visit another lodge instead of his own on this night, is there something going on at this other lodge that he particularly wants to be part of. If a close friend or family member is going through a ceremony that day I could totally understand why he might want to be elsewhere.
Malo Mori Quam Foedari........ I would rather die than be disgraced

Pelham Lodge No. 939
Fire Service Lodge No 8401
Pelham Chapter No 939
Kaiser

Postby Richard George » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:37 am

Kaiser wrote:Has anybody actually asked him why he wants to visit another lodge instead of his own on this night, is there something going on at this other lodge that he particularly wants to be part of. If a close friend or family member is going through a ceremony that day I could totally understand why he might want to be elsewhere.

Which it EXACTLY the same point I made way back at the beginning of the the thread - and that's where the 'detriment' might come in ...
As there has been NO reason stated why he's visiting, you cannot pass any comment other than to observe there may be a good reason why he's not there.
To quote a part of the Valedicory Address;

".. to suggest the most favourable excuse when justly liable to blame. Thus shall the world see how dearly Masons love one another. By my Companions, you are to extend these noble and generous sentiments still further. Let me impress on your minds and let it be instilled in your hearts that EVERY human being has a claim to your kind offices."

seems to me that more need to take this to heart if some on the sentiments expressed here are anything to go by.
*disappointed*
Richard George

Postby Peter Taylor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:16 am

Kaiser wrote:Has anybody actually asked him why he wants to visit another lodge instead of his own on this night, is there something going on at this other lodge that he particularly wants to be part of. If a close friend or family member is going through a ceremony that day I could totally understand why he might want to be elsewhere.

Exactly!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: OSM: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby allan0406 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:25 pm

I wouldn't expect him to want to attend another Lodge just for a regular meeting, with no ceremony....there doesn't seem any point. I suspect the invite was for a specific purpose, and that being the case....what's the problem, it wasn't that he was leaving his Lodge in a predicament.
Allan Hore,
Worshipful Master
MM Bootle Pilgrim Lodge 1473,
Comp RA Bootle Chapter 1473
West Lancs Province
Mark Master
Bootle Mark Lodge No 478
WLMM

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world."
Mahatma Ghandi
allan0406