Hello to all

COME AND SAY HELLO.
This should be your first stop. Let us know you're here and something about yourself.

Moderators: Peter Dowling, Peter Moir, MrBenn, Peter Taylor, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Hello to all

Postby Leonard.P » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Hello to everybody,

My name is Leonard.p. I am at decision phase in becoming a Freemason. Have been for some time, as I feel to become a Freemason is something that requires serious consideration and not something to jump into on a whim.

I still have questions, still researching on what is expected of someone who becomes a Freemason and how important it is to conduct oneself within the fraternity.

I know of someone who says they are a Freemason and analyse them in how they conduct themselves outside their respective Lodge. I think this aids me, in part, in my decision, though the Freemason in question, does not know I would like to become a Freemason.

I hope any questions I may have will not contravene Masonic conduct within this forum.

Kindest regards

Leonard.p
Leonard.P

Re: Hello to all

Postby Richard George » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi Leonard - and welcome.

It doesn't - and speak to him, he won't mind .. and you'll get his perspective as well as ours.

As to what's expected - well, you are expected to treat others as you would wish to be treated, and to be an example to others. Beyond that, anything you choose to do - or not do, is really down to you. Having said that, what you will find is that you will meet men of like mind who will support you in whatever you do.

So ask away. If we choose not to answer a particular question, it'll only be because we wouldn't want to lessen the experience.
Richard George
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby Peter Taylor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:00 pm

A warm welcome to LRUK!
Regards, Peter
PM Albert Lochee 448, PM Discovery 1789,:
Honorary, 49, 54, 164, 225, 299, 327, 486, 1220, 1308, SC: PSW 1812, SC, Trinidad: Assoc. 198, Colorado: PPGSec PGL Forfashire.
IPZ RA Chapter Albert 503: RAM, CC: AASR PMWS, 30°: SRIS RWC VII, 8°: ROoS: KT: KTP: RCC: Squaremen
Peter Taylor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lloyd Wiebe » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Welcome from a chilly southern Ontario. Good luck on your chosen journey. The members of this forum have been found to offer good advice.
Lloyd Wiebe

Postby Peter Dowling » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:20 am

Welcome to LRUK.
Mark Well.
Peter
Peter Dowling

Postby Mike Martin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi Leonard and welcome.

You don't mention where you're located but some topics can be jurisdictional but we'll soon let you know.

You could have gone to far worse places to find out about Freemasonry as this one is actually populated by actual Freemasons. Ask away.
Mike Martin

Postby Leonard.P » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Mike Martin wrote:Hi Leonard and welcome.

You don't mention where you're located but some topics can be jurisdictional but we'll soon let you know.

You could have gone to far worse places to find out about Freemasonry as this one is actually populated by actual Freemasons. Ask away.

I reside in Lincoln. Apologies.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Leonard.P

Postby Richard George » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Ah just over the border from me (Cambs)
Richard George

Postby eckywan2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:01 pm

and over a real border from Sunny Leith
Welcome Leonard keep asking questions and enjoy the site
and in future the craft
eckywan2

Postby Mike Martin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41 am

Leonard.P wrote:I reside in Lincoln. Apologies.

That's nice and easy then. On the Internet there are lots of international posters and Freemasonry has differences under each of the National (and State in the US) Grand Lodges. Here in the British Isles we have the 3 (England, Ireland and Scotland) which again have differences in the way that they work.
Mike Martin

Return to Landing Pad