Rank in Freemasonry

Reports and comments concerning UGLE

Moderators: MrBenn, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Re: Rank in Freemasonry

Postby Langfordman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:45 pm

In my province now when you are coming up for promotion you have to give in a sort of CV, with a covering letter from the lodge Secretary. Based on what you have done since coming out of the chair. In some lodges it is difficult to take on office as the person doing the job is very reluctant to give it up. They say you should only hold office for five years but that is not always the case. That being the case ones CV does not look good.
Langfordman

Postby London Mason » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:21 pm

Langfordman wrote:In my province now when you are coming up for promotion you have to give in a sort of CV, with a covering letter from the lodge Secretary. Based on what you have done since coming out of the chair. In some lodges it is difficult to take on office as the person doing the job is very reluctant to give it up. They say you should only hold office for five years but that is not always the case. That being the case ones CV does not look good.

That's very true. Some officers keep their roles as they don't feel anyone could do it as well, but surely the mark of a good officer is to get your replacement identified and trained?
PM & PZ
SLGR & LCGR
MetGStwd '08 (Craft) & MetGStB '15 (RA)
18°

L3862 (PM), L9812, L3408
C3862 (PZ), C9628
RCC255
London Mason
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie

Postby The Uninitiated » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Kyle wrote:I've been to one province where they use PProvAGStB, but I can't remember where! Think it was Hampshire or Berkshire.

Hampshire do this...
Andrew
PM of Mercury Lodge No.4581 & PSoj of Mercury Chapter No.4581, Ch.Std of Mid-Wessex LoIM No.8859
MMM/RAM: Camberley No.1131 - WM/WM-elect
A&AR: 30° and MWS of Ferneberga No.1096
RCC: PDivStwd(Surrey), DepCapt DivSG., St George's No.18 (etc)
RSM: Weyside No.277 -+- AMD: Farnham No.235
KT: Agincourt No.517 -+- KTP: Chertsey No.195
The Uninitiated
LRUK Super Member
LRUK Super Member

Postby vondes » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Brethren that know the right people can get rank, even past rank, when those who have devoted their life to masonry get passed over...
vondes

Previous

Return to United Grand Lodge of England