New Logo

Reports and comments concerning UGLE

Moderators: MrBenn, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

Re: New Logo

Postby eckywan2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:48 pm

David and Trouilly hang on in there !
I've always said our craft is amazing BUT some people abuse power
we cant change the whole world
anything I say about my country is said as a patriot but if I say it the wrong way
I'm a racist Aye right
a good / bad example is the replacement of St David Lodge no 36 by something alien The Uni lodge
and those parachuted in to replace St Davids office bearers don't even bother to have committee meetings
just lay down their new ritual / changes
Old members / regulars have dwindled and even when chosing to move elsewhere are having problems
BUT that's just a weee local problem which will sort itself out ( perhaps after the "trial 5 Years" IF truth is told )
Those chosing to leave Ive said the same to,,,, people are people power changes them ITS NOT the cradt
lets move on to better pastures
I don't think ure GL or GLoS either will change
removing ourselves will not change them
don't let the B's win *brethren" of course he he
Merry Christmas everyone
eckywan2
LRUK Grand Supreme Master

Postby MrBenn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:17 am

There are two options when you belong to a group that changes in way's you don't agree with
Either stay inside the tent and fight for your viewpoint
Or leave the tent and continue to make your point
If you leave, your voice is diminished and has no value
But you also have to understand, if the majority are for the changes, and you're in the minority, then you may have to accept them - even though you don't agree with them

It's not nice when it happens and can leave individuals feeling disenfranchised, but that's a fact of life, in all organisations
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."

mail me : mrbenn@lodgeroomuk.com
MrBenn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Trouillogan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:54 pm

A few years ago a very well known and highly respected Masonic author upped and left our particular quarry on account of various changes in direction. We hear very little of him nowadays, though he does still write. That taught me a lesson and is why I'm staying.
Trouillogan

Postby David H » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:46 pm

MrBenn wrote:There are two options when you belong to a group that changes in way's you don't agree with
Either stay inside the tent and fight for your viewpoint
Or leave the tent and continue to make your point
If you leave, your voice is diminished and has no value
But you also have to understand, if the majority are for the changes, and you're in the minority, then you may have to accept them - even though you don't agree with them

It's not nice when it happens and can leave individuals feeling disenfranchised, but that's a fact of life, in all organisations

Very fair point. I have always understood that if an individual has a problem he should contact his lodge secretary. I did that and hoped that my points might at least had been shown to the lodge ctte - AFAIK they were seen by nobody apart from the secretary which makes the whole exercise pointless. I am going to shut up now,
Quo vadis, S & F

David
David H

Postby David H » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:49 pm

Trouillogan wrote:A few years ago a very well known and highly respected Masonic author upped and left our particular quarry on account of various changes in direction. We hear very little of him nowadays, though he does still write. That taught me a lesson and is why I'm staying.

If you are referring to the chap I think you are referring to I believe he found a fraternal "home" which sadly is not open to me.
Quo vadis, S & F

David
David H

Postby MrBenn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:11 pm

That brother is still active in masonry - just not UGLE masonry
The order he joined will very much suit his nature
He isn't lost to masonry, just not a member of UGLE
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."

mail me : mrbenn@lodgeroomuk.com
MrBenn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Trouillogan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:22 pm

David H wrote:
Trouillogan wrote:A few years ago a very well known and highly respected Masonic author upped and left our particular quarry on account of various changes in direction. We hear very little of him nowadays, though he does still write. That taught me a lesson and is why I'm staying.

If you are referring to the chap I think you are referring to I believe he found a fraternal "home" which sadly is not open to me.

Yes, that's the one. I met him and his Grand Master (actually Grand Commander) last year at their headquarters in Surbiton for lunch and a good chat. He's quite happy where he is. However, within UGLE, he has no voice and that is sadly missed.
Trouillogan

Postby David H » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:35 pm

Trouillogan wrote: However, within UGLE, he has no voice and that is sadly missed.

I agree.
Quo vadis, S & F

David
David H

Previous

Return to United Grand Lodge of England