New Logo

Reports and comments concerning UGLE

Moderators: MrBenn, JulesTheBit, middlepillar

New Logo

Postby forester » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:52 pm

Time for a bit of controversy --anyone seen the new logo? I am not keen, it reminds me of a Rolling Stones album cover
User avatar
forester
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:46 am
Location: Newark

Re: New Logo

Postby Dave B » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:02 pm

It reminds me of a bird feeding its checks
Dave
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lodge Treasurer 2015 onwards
April 2015 Raised to Master Mason
November 2014 Fellow Craft Mason
March 2014 Initiated to Entered Apprentice
December 2013 Handed my petition into the lodge.
User avatar
Dave B
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Bolton, Lancashire

Re: New Logo

Postby admin » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Bill McElligott [PPGASwdB - PPGASoj]
admin@lodgeroomstore.com - skype: lodgeroomint
The Masonic Brotherhood of The Blue Forget-Me-Not

http://lodgeroomstore.co.uk/sales/
http://masonicjewellerystore.com/sales/
http://masonicbookstore.co.uk/store/
http://sell-buy.net/info/
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6907
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:36 pm
Location: Essex, England

Re: New Logo

Postby freemason » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:17 pm

I don't like it. It looks like an inverted parachute. But apparently they are going to use in their corporate communication only. I don't expect to see it in lodges or in regalia.
FM EA - UGLE Lodge - Berkshire
freemason
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:25 am
Location: Reading

Re: New Logo

Postby Trouillogan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:26 pm

freemason wrote:I don't like it. It looks like an inverted parachute. But apparently they are going to use in their corporate communication only. I don't expect to see it in lodges or in regalia.

Yes indeed, that is the word - 'corporate'. For goodness sake, have they forgotten that this is a fraternity?
User avatar
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: West Sussex, UK

Re: New Logo

Postby David H » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Trouillogan wrote:
freemason wrote:I don't like it. It looks like an inverted parachute. But apparently they are going to use in their corporate communication only. I don't expect to see it in lodges or in regalia.

Yes indeed, that is the word - 'corporate'. For goodness sake, have they forgotten that this is a fraternity?


Yes clearly! - Hence all the rubbish about re branding etc and someone who ought to know better having the sheer impertinence to chide old codgers telling us that we should be smiling more! What is there to smile about apropos the current situation in GQS?
S & F

David
User avatar
David H
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Out on a limb

Re: New Logo

Postby David H » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:05 pm

freemason wrote:.......... apparently they are going to use in their corporate communication only. I don't expect to see it in lodges or in regalia.


That is rather a moot point surely as it is on the "free" car sticker (which for some reason makes no reference to FREEMASONRY (yes I am shouting - I hope they can hear in GQS!) and the logo besmirches the jewel produced for the Tercentenary.
S & F

David
User avatar
David H
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Out on a limb

Re: New Logo

Postby Trouillogan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:03 pm

In addition, I do feel that such a car sticker could become an unwarranted and discriminatory late night breathalyser magnet! (2)
User avatar
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: West Sussex, UK

Re: New Logo

Postby David H » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Trouillogan wrote:In addition, I do feel that such a car sticker could become an unwarranted and discriminatory late night breathalyser magnet! (2)


I agree - and when I first saw it I did wonder whether the reason Isn't mentioned is due to Freemasonry's unpopularity amongst folk with weird notions concerning the craft. The new logo certainly does a grand job in confusing the issue since there have been constant suggestions that people do not recognise it as having anything to do with Freemasonry.
S & F

David
User avatar
David H
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Out on a limb

Re: New Logo

Postby freemason » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:16 am

In the temple, we have a table with a think pile of these car stickers. The pile doesn't seem to change day after day. I don't think this sticker is a success.
FM EA - UGLE Lodge - Berkshire
freemason
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:25 am
Location: Reading

Re: New Logo

Postby russellholland » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:04 am

It seems to me that the designers had no idea why or how geometry is at the center of Masonry.
russellholland
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:14 am

Re: New Logo

Postby Richard George » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:50 am

Trouillogan wrote:In addition, I do feel that such a car sticker could become an unwarranted and discriminatory late night breathalyser magnet! (2)

I binned it.
Richard George
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: New Logo

Postby biglobbus » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:02 pm

David H wrote:
freemason wrote:.......... apparently they are going to use in their corporate communication only. I don't expect to see it in lodges or in regalia.


That is rather a moot point surely as it is on the "free" car sticker (which for some reason makes no reference to FREEMASONRY (yes I am shouting - I hope they can hear in GQS!) and the logo besmirches the jewel produced for the Tercentenary.


Does this make the new tercentenary Jewel a 'corporate communication' then?

At least they inserted it in the anatomically correct place (almost)!

Regards,

Lobbus.
biglobbus
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Re: New Logo

Postby David H » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:35 pm

biglobbus wrote:
David H wrote:
freemason wrote:.......... apparently they are going to use in their corporate communication only. I don't expect to see it in lodges or in regalia.


That is rather a moot point surely as it is on the "free" car sticker (which for some reason makes no reference to FREEMASONRY (yes I am shouting - I hope they can hear in GQS!) and the logo besmirches the jewel produced for the Tercentenary.


Does this make the new tercentenary Jewel a 'corporate communication' then?

At least they inserted it in the anatomically correct place (almost)!

Regards,

Lobbus.


The jewel has the new logo prominently displayed but I no longer care about this. Daft just gets dafter on a day by day basis (1)
S & F

David
User avatar
David H
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Out on a limb

Re: New Logo

Postby ozmike » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:51 pm

How many brethren have you seen wearing the new breast jewel? I was looking around for photos of it being worn but can hardly find a single one.
ozmike
LRUK Fellow
LRUK  Fellow
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: New Logo

Postby Stevecoath » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:49 am

Apparently demand for them has been significantly higher than expected which has resulted in Toye Kenning taking an age to produce and dispatch. Ordered mine in August, still waiting.
PM Edmonton Latymer Lodge 5026 UGLE (Hertfordshire); PZ Edmonton Latymer Chapter 5026
MM, Gladsmuir MMM 367; Gladsmuir RAM 367; Waltham Holy Cross A&AR 372; Blaise Pascal SRIA 70;
Jacques de Molay KT 670: Walnut Tree Conclave RCC 440;
Stevecoath
LRUK Supreme Member
LRUK Supreme Member
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: London

Re: New Logo

Postby Trouillogan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:06 am

Stevecoath wrote:Apparently demand for them has been significantly higher than expected which has resulted in Toye Kenning taking an age to produce and dispatch. Ordered mine in August, still waiting.

I'll wait another four years before deciding whether or not to buy an advertisement that's only wearable in a Lodge.
User avatar
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: West Sussex, UK

Re: New Logo

Postby Trouillogan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:11 am

biglobbus wrote:
David H wrote:
freemason wrote:.......... apparently they are going to use in their corporate communication only. I don't expect to see it in lodges or in regalia.


That is rather a moot point surely as it is on the "free" car sticker (which for some reason makes no reference to FREEMASONRY (yes I am shouting - I hope they can hear in GQS!) and the logo besmirches the jewel produced for the Tercentenary.


Does this make the new tercentenary Jewel a 'corporate communication' then?

At least they inserted it in the anatomically correct place (almost)!

Regards,

Lobbus.

There we have it in a nutshell then: corporate organisations have brands - fraternities have traditions.
User avatar
Trouillogan
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: West Sussex, UK

Re: New Logo

Postby London Mason » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:58 pm

However the whole jewel is still based on the "proper" crest of UGLE...
PM & PZ
SLGR & LCGR
MetGStwd '08 (Craft) & MetGStB '15 (RA)
18°

L3862 (PM), L9812, L3408
C3862 (PZ), C9628
RCC255
User avatar
London Mason
LRUK Newbie
LRUK  Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Re: New Logo

Postby David H » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:46 pm

London Mason wrote:However the whole jewel is still based on the "proper" crest of UGLE...


I am at a loss to understand that - unless "whole" in that context refers to some arcane heraldic shenanigins but even then it is still not a S & C at the bottom,
S & F

David
User avatar
David H
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
LRUK Grand Supreme Master
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Out on a limb

Next

Return to United Grand Lodge of England

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron